• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

Idea: an alternate-history film with a pop/rock soundtrack, but it’s all unreleased songs or alternate cuts. The cursed original mix of “Take On Me”, the minidisc version of Radiohead’s “Lift” which they didn’t release because they thought it would be too succesful, Thomas Bangalter’s “Call On...
  2. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

I loathe the “future people misinterpret past pop-culture as religion” trope with the fire of a thousand suns, and yet somehow i’ve wound up putting two present-pop-culture-based religions in LatBS — Jupiter’s Toynbeeites, who treat 2001 as their (at least suitably cryptic) holy text (and are...
  3. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

1980 · LOOKING AT THE BIG SKY · 2558 Humans Humans (Homo sapiens) are the only known naturally sapient species of biological life. A ninety-nine-billion-strong branch of Earth’s great apes, they are kaleidoscopically diverse, and every sapien alive today either is one, is descended from one, or...
  4. X

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

“Are the CBS Doctors considered in continuity with the ‘new’ series?” is the longest thread in TardisForum.us history, clocking in at 4,370 pages before being locked by the mods
  5. X

I did think about it, but my Treksperience amounts to "watched The Wrath of Khan and one season* in to TNG so far", so i’m not sure i could do the idea justice! (And frankly it seems far too optimistic a world for the British public to ever glom on to.) * That season being Season 3, obviously
  6. X

List of actors to have played Doctor Who Doctor Who?, on CBS 1963–1966: Vincent Price (Doctor Who) First episode: “The Girl from Another World” Last episode: “Planet of the Daleks” 1966–1967: Jack Nicholson (Doctor Who, Theta Sigma) First episode: “Planet of the Daleks” Doctor Who and the...
  7. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

I had a vision after seeing that meme of Daniel Radcliffe dual-wielding in his bathrobe.
  8. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

The vector mapping will continue until morale improves
  9. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

My own, naturally. :devilish: It’s the Sledgehammer projection, an equal-area compromise between Hammer and Peters i concocted because i liked the æsthetics of curving parallels but hated how distorted Winkel Tripel made things in size. (I did have to do some serious Javascript wrangling to get...
  10. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

My new year’s resolution was to get back into the swing of things and make a map every month, and i juuust about managed to slip under the deadline with… 1980 · LOOKING AT THE BIG SKY · 2338 Polities of Earth, 2338 A simplified locator map This was my first try at mapping using vector...
  11. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

Rescued from the writeup for a map project in development hell, here’s how to Get Yoh Ess Tu Mahs in the early days of space travel. 1980 · LOOKING AT THE BIG SKY · 2338 Getting your ass to Mars, 2075 Or, the woes of early interplanetary transport Martians know better than anyone that packing...
  12. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

Look, if we can’t invade Barnoldswick to reclaim the glory of Yorkshire from those Lancastrian heathens, why even have counties in the first place?
  13. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

Indeed it is — data comes straight from the 2021 census. (Had to do some jiggery-pokery with districts to estimate the results for counties, but i am devoted enough to the cause of Historic Counties Trutherism to include them.)
  14. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

15. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

Some Arctic and Antarctic accompaniments (same scale, Lambert azimuthal equal-area) to the EqualA:
  16. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

Ah, nah — as indicated in the widget early on, legally distinct future Wikipedia lets you switch to 2000s English for, uh… some reason? Maybe they’re just very completist. 😅
  17. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

1980 · LOOKING AT THE BIG SKY · 2338 Szelena Holdt Youre rightnow reading this article in Earthling English. Wanna switch to Industrial English? Working a translation… Szávay Szelena Holdt (born Kristóf Neil Holdt, 23 April 2021–11 December 2152) was the first person to be born beyond Earth’s...
  18. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

1980 · LOOKING AT THE BIG SKY · 2338 The World in 2025 I can finally put this behind me and move on to the actually fun sci-fi stuff! I’m free!!!
  19. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

Mulling over doing one of those classic “my ideal world” circlejerk maps — here’s a sketch of the UK-equivalent.
  20. X

Marijn’s Map Mporium

I’ve finally given the EqualA a “canonical” home, after years of it being inconsistently spread between forums, DeviantArt posts, and anonymous Discord messages: https://satyrs.eu/equala/
Back