• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. I

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Extremely interesting scenario (British National Congress!), @Thande, but frankly shocking levels of 1966 election erasure.
  2. I

Alternate Wikibox Thread

3. I

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Mogul Trump is convicted in all four of the federal and state cases against him, including in the Florida classified documents case, where most observers had anticipated a hung jury. His legal team - which, having shed lawyers over the next eighteen months, looks entirely different to today -...
  4. I

Sam's Town 2001-2009: Al Gore (Democratic) 2000 (with John Edwards) def. George W. Bush / Dick Cheney (Republican) 2004 (with John Edwards) def. John McCain / John Engler (Republican) 2009-2012: Oscar Goodman (Republican) † 2008 (with Mark Sanford) def. John Edwards / Antonio Villaraigosa...
  5. I

The Green Fairways of Indifference 1953-1956: Dwight Eisenhower (Republican) † 1952 (with Bill Knowland) def. Adlai Stevenson / John Sparkman (Democratic) 1956-1957: Bill Knowland (Republican) 1957-1961: Charles Halleck (Republican) 1956 (with Milton Eisenhower) def. Adlai Stevenson / John...
  6. I

Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Bulworth 1989-1997: George H. W. Bush (Republican) 1988 (with Dan Quayle) def. Michael Dukakis / Lloyd Bentsen (Democratic) 1992 (with Dan Quayle) def. Bill Clinton / Al Gore (Democratic), Ross Perot / James B. Stockdale (Independent) 1997-2001: James Baker...
  7. I

The Powers That Be 1953-1957: Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower (R-KS) / Sen. William F. Knowland (R-CA) 1952 def. Gov. Adlai Stevenson (D-IL) / Sen. John Sparkman (D-AL) 1957-1962: Fmr. Gov. Adlai Stevenson (D-IL) † / Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) 1956 def. Fmr. Amb. Milton Eisenhower (R-MD) / Rep...
  8. I

We Will All Go Together When We Go List of Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom since 2019 2019-2022: Boris Johnson (Conservative) 2019 Conservative leadership election def. Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove, Sajid Javid, Rory Stewart, and Others 2019 (majority) def. Jeremy Corbyn (Labour), Nicola...
  9. I

Alternate Wikibox Thread

I don't think you can blame @Comrade Izaac - or anyone, for that matter - for being jumpy about this. Not being sure which ideas to take in good faith and which were lifted from elsewhere poisoned the atmosphere here for a while. These things leave a legacy.
  10. I

The Brothers Eisenhower 34/36. 1953-1957: General Dwight D. Eisenhower of Kansas / Senator Richard Nixon of California (Republican) 1952 def. Governor Adlai Stevenson of Illinois / Senator John Sparkman of Alabama (Democratic) 35/37. 1957-1961: Former United Nations Ambassador Milton...
  11. I

Alternate Wikibox Thread

I don’t think it’s too edgy. My biggest gripe is that Mountbatten survives the 1979 bombing, gets Gaged, and seizes power... in 1977?
  12. I

Doubtful, it's in line with the Lascelles Principles.
  13. I

Untenable Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom since September 2022 2022-2022: Foreign Secretary Liz Truss | South West Norfolk (Conservative majority) Sep. 2022 Conservative leadership election (57.4%) def. Former Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak | Richmond, Yorks. (42.6%) 09/2022...
  14. I

allthepresidentmen's test site

Not quite, Orpington and Bexley are both still blue right there on the map!
  15. I

WI: Galloway wins Batley and Spen

Given the ugly mood in the party after Hartlepool, I think it's pretty clear that a defeat in Batley - let alone a third place finish - would spell the end of Starmer's leadership. At the very least he faces a bruising challenge from Angela Rayner over the summer.
  16. I

Hasta la vista, baby 2019-2022: Boris Johnson (Conservative) 2019 Conservative leadership election def. Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove, Sajid Javid, Rory Stewart 2019 (majority) def. Jeremy Corbyn (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (SNP), Jo Swinson [defeated] (Liberal Democrats) 2022 Conservative leadership...
  17. I

AHC: Theresa May, the British Kim Campbell

The difficulty of Campbell-ising a politician is that you need an unexpectedly catastrophic election result - and a very short premiership. For May to become a British Kim Campbell (not a Canadian one as the title suggests!) you’d need to combine the surprise of the 2017 election with the...
  18. I

Alternate Wikibox Thread

guess who's back back again mulcair's back lavalin Tom Mulcair survives his leadership review in Edmonton - perhaps it takes place elsewhere, or the leadership are more attuned to the risk. Either way, he survives and whilst NDP polling remains bad, it's not nearly as bad as OTL (especially...
  19. I

I think the format’s great for weaving a contextless narrative around a person, but a couple of things. Florida doesnt hold off-year special elections for vacancies in the Senate, the governor taps someone to serve until a special election at the next statewide cycle (i.e., a midterm or...
  20. I

Don't know about you all but I'm getting real tired of seeing stickers on lampposts saying the pandemic doesn't exist Metastasis 2019-2026: Boris Johnson (Conservative) 2019 (Majority): Jeremy Corbyn (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (SNP), Jo Swinson [defeated] (Liberal Democrats) 2023 (Majority)...
Back