• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. Indicus

WI: Dadabhai Naoroji, Irish Nationalist MP

Dadabhai Naoroji (1825-1917) was a fascinating man. He was a member of a Zoroastrian merchant family, and he first made his name as an advocate of reform of Zoroastrianism. From here, he ingratiated himself with the growing liberal intelligentsia, and he became the Diwan, or chief minister, of...
  2. Indicus

WI: Peel doesn't die in 1850

Robert Peel (1788-1850) was the prime minister of the United Kingdom from 1834-1835 and 1841-1846. He was born into the manufacturing classes, the son of a wealthy textile manufacturer. He then went into politics as a Tory, and in 1822 he became Home Secretary, where he embarked on prison...
  3. Indicus

Attachments are behind the membership wall

I was checking the site without being logged in, and I noticed that certain pictures were displayed as thumbnails, when those same pictures are not displayed as thumbnails when a user is logged in. Doing some poking around, I found that the pictures displayed as thumbnails were all attachments...
  4. Indicus

Indicus's maps, wikiboxes, &c thread
    Threadmarks: Sanjay Raj: Indian Presidential election of 1982

The Indian presidential election, 1982 was a momentous election. After the assassination of Indira Gandhi in 1976, in a period in which she temporarily established what can only be called a dictatorship, Sanjay Gandhi, her son, succeeded her. He ruled India with an iron fist. In 1977, he amended...
  5. Indicus

Could Pakistan have retained Bangladesh?

Pakistan, at independence in 1947, included Bangladesh despite it being entirely disconnected from the rest of Pakistan by India, a country which was (and is) hostile to Pakistani interests. Despite the western half being richer and more powerful, the eastern Bengali half had the majority of...
Back