• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. K

What If: Moscow as a "Union Territory" under USSR?

The 15 Republics of the Soviet Union were the first-level administrative divisions of the Union, which was a highly centralised state while keeping a nominal federalised constitutional framework. The Union capital Moscow was part of the RSFSR, unlike many other countries where the national...
  2. K

WI Charles III once became the last governor of Hong Kong in 1986

I am not making this up, but I recently came across a book and a news article saying that in 1986, Prime Minister Thatcher and the British Foreign Office considered appointing Charles III, at that time still the Prince of Wales, as the last governor of Hong Kong. To understand this better, in...
  3. K

WI Hohenzollern Britain
    Threadmarks: Prussia, Great Britain, Hanover

Looking at the family tree of Hanoverian monarchs, it surprises me how George I was closely connected with the Hohenzollerns since his son-in-law was Frederick William the "Soldier King of Prussia". If George II died young or childless, and George I failed to produce another male heir (consider...
Back