• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. K

CanadianTory's Test Thread

Standalone project, part of Ready For Change, or a premonition into our near future...? Whatever it is, I'd love to see more.
  2. K

Merner in the same party as Ashton is wild.
  3. K

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

The idea for this was based off of the recent bout of shit polling for the LDP, me realizing that there's a non-zero chance LDP + Komei both get pushed below 233 by the thinnest of margins. After that, I thought about who could serve as a unity candidate for Ishin/CDP since they'd both refuse to...
  4. K

2021-2024: Fumio Kishida (Jiyu-Minshu) 2021 (coalition w/ Komei): Yukio Edano (Rikken-Minshu), Ichiro Matsui (Ishin), Natsuo Yamaguchi (Komei), Kazuo Shii (Kyosan), Yuichiro Tamaki (Kokumin-Minshu), Taro Yamamoto (Reiwa Shinsengumi), Mizuho Fukushima (Shakai-Minshu) It began, as all the...
  5. K

Kaddeus' Chronicles

Growing Pains? The Prime Minister's allies have met with defeat after defeat. As Poilievre crosses the midway point of his first term in office, the Hill swirls with one question - will it also be his last? NEWS | BY ABBAS RANA | November 3rd, 2027 It was the best of times, it was the worst of...
  6. K

Kaddeus' Chronicles

Morbid thought - if the PRC invades Taiwan/stages a soft coup, could they install Ma Ying-jyeou as a quisling? He'd certainly fit the bill - elder statesman who's gone a bit cuckoo in his sympathy for them.
  7. K

Kaddeus' Chronicles

Some additional musings on this in the foreign policy scene. Europe: A President Trump means a much more isolationist approach to the trans-Atlantic alliance. With Europe more alone as Russia ramps up its aggression, Germany might elect the more realist Greens and Baerbock as Chancellor - just...
  8. K

Kaddeus' Chronicles

Right, haven't touched this in a while. Moreso a free-flowing braindump here inspired by some musings on Discord. Starting off with a hot take: the most successful iteration of a Bernie presidency may not have been Bernie 2016 or Bernie 2020, but...Bernie 2024. Bear with me here. In 2016...
  9. K

1968-1972: Pierre Trudeau (Liberal) -68 (Maj.): Robert Stanfield (Progressive Conservative), Tommy Douglas (New Democratic), Réal Caouette (Ralliement créditiste), A. B. Patterson (Social Credit) 1972-1977: Robert Stanfield (Progressive Conservative) -72: (Min.): Pierre Trudeau (Liberal), David...
  10. K

Prime Ministers of Japan 2012-2018: Shinzo Abe (Jiyū-Minshū) -12 (coalition w/ Kōmei): Yoshihiko Noda (Minshū), Shintaro Ishihara (Ishin no Kai), Natsuo Yamaguchi (Kōmei), Yoshiko Watanabe (Minna), Yukiko Kada (Mirai), Kazuo Shii (Kyōsan), Mizuho Fukushima (Shakai-Minshū), Muneo Suzuki (Shintō...
  11. K

WI Roosevelt does not become NY governor in '28?

Perhaps 1928 gave him a better rap than he should have, and the history of anti-Catholic bigotry absolves him of his loss somewhat - but by 1935/36 he was going full Liberty League. Still, who would be the progressive Republican - Borah?
  12. K

allthepresidentmen's test site

bezos or some other megatech corp doing Literally 1984 on a PNW city is a good way to thread the needle on stuff we talked about on the other place. Illinois bailout stuff is fun as well - I’m dogshit at fiscal policy but I’m sure someone can expand on it
  13. K

I'm in a Twitter group chat with them and I'm 99% sure they're a liberal neocon who likes redistributive economic policy and Pax Americana equally in other words, median NOVA and Maricopa County Democrat
  14. K

the more things change, the more they stay the same
  15. K

Bonnie's Struggle to Learn Wikiboxing

Alice Wong in a Hong Kong Wikibox is a crossover I neither needed nor wanted. (that being said, this is excellent)
  16. K

Presidents of the United States of America 2021-2025: Joe Biden (Democratic) -2020 (w/ Kamala Harris) def. Donald Trump/Mike Pence (Republican) [306-232] 2025-2029: Donald Trump (Republican) -2024 (w/ Kari Lake) def. Kamala Harris/Chris Murphy (Democratic) [281-257] 2029-2033: Kari Lake...
  17. K

Premiers of British Columbia 2022-2024: David Eby (New Democratic) 2024-2030: Kevin Falcon (United | Vancouver⁠-Quilchena) 2024: def. David Eby (New Democratic | Vancouver-Point Grey), Sonia Furstenau (Green | Cowichan Valley), Aaron Gunn (Conservative | Chilliwack North) 2026 BCNDP...
  18. K

>Bo Xilai >Reformist this has gotta be one of the top 10 anime in twists in human history
  19. K

Phil Edmunston could've taken them down that path, and so could John Paul Harney if I'm not mistaken. If you want alt-hist shenanigans, Robert Cliche and Charles Taylor would be good NDP candidates, and for the wilder stuff Duceppe considered himself a Maoist before joining the BQ!
  20. K

Prime Ministers of Canada: 2015-2024: Justin Trudeau (Liberal | Papineau) -15 (maj.): Stephen Harper (Conservative | Calgary Southwest), Tom Mulcair (New Democratic | Outremont), Gilles Duceppe (Bloc Québécois | Laurier St. Marie), Elizabeth May (Green | Saanich–Gulf Islands) -19 (min.): Andrew...
Back