• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. E

Boris Johnson loses his seat... in 2017

May staying on as leader through covid could be pretty interesting, unless her government is still toppled over brexit beforehand which doesn't seem unlikely considering the circumstances. But if she sticks around long enough she might even be able to actually run a campaign based on doing a...
  2. E

Alternate Wikibox Thread

What if Annie Lööf's dreams come true during the 2019-2020 government formation and the voters side with her in blaming the big parties for the crisis? What if the divisions among the Liberals become even worse and Jan Björklund is either forced out or decides to jump ship just before a snap...
  3. E

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Sweden - 2010 punk Prime Ministers of Sweden 2006 - 2016: Fredrik Reinfeldt, Moderate 2006 def: Göran Persson (Social Democrat), Maud Olofsson (Centre), Lars Leijonborg (People's), Göran Hägglund (Christian Democrats), Lars Ohly (Left), Mara Wetterstrand & Peter Eriksson (Green) 2010 def: Mona...
  4. E

The Moon Is Red: Apple TV does AH.

It is visible on the For All Mankind page on the Apple TV+ site for me. Just scroll past the episode list, the trailer list and you should find this further down on the page.
  5. E

The Moon Is Red: Apple TV does AH.

I think one of the bonus news clips on Apple TV+ covering the gap between the second season and this one mentioned that Al Gore was Gary Hart's VP and made an unsuccessful run in the primaries against Clinton. It is somewhat difficult to believe that Hart would pick a 36 year old Gore as his...
  6. E

Projekt Enman (FPTP Sweden redux)

Happy to see that I appear to be living in a red seat (albeit somewhat narrowly) according to all scenarios. At least if I'm reading the borders correctly, but I don't think there's any way that Björkekärr would be ending up in Örgryte instead of Härlanda. Looking forward to see how my former...
  7. E

Alternate Wikibox Thread

What if Pär Nuder falls down a mine shaft or something in the early 90s and the person who becomes Göran Persson's closest confidant and protege is a certain former swimmer from Uppsala? A few butterflies flap their wings, the close 2006 election is still very close, but favoring the centre-left...
  8. E

Review: For All Mankind: Season Two

I really enjoyed how FAM dealt with the Ted Kennedy presidency because it went against my expectations. When he defeated Nixon in the TL I pretty much expected Camelot II: Electric Boogaloo, because that would be what I'd expect out of lazy AH from TV writers. But what we little we saw showed a...
  9. E

"Hipster" Politicians Thread

Kent Carlsson Was supposed to be elected chair of the Swedish Social Democratic Youth League in 1990 but withdrew his candidacy a few weeks before the congress because he was diagnosed with HIV. Shortly afterwards he became Sweden's first openly gay MP and served until his death in 1993. If he...
  10. E

President Colin Powell

A possible path to that happening could be Carroll Campbell somehow winning the nomination in 2000 (maybe after being picked as Dole's running mate in '96 instead of Kemp?) and Powell ending up as his VP pick. A few years go by and Campbell is forced to resign due to his Alzheimer's diagnosis...
  11. E

Alternate Wikibox Thread

"Well it's just an wikibox featuring an alternate parliament of Sweden, there's nothing interesting about tha-... oh. Oh." The Free-minded Party (Swedish: De Frisinnade) is a Swedish political party formed in 1923 after a split in the Liberal Coalition Party over the question of prohibition...
  12. E

You are born 100 years earlier, but in the same place; what do you do with your life?

Like so many other boys born just outside Kramfors in 1894 there's a good chance that I'd either end up working with logging, in a saw mill or a paper mill. From what I know of my father's side of the family that's what most of the men did during this time period. On my mother's side there was a...
  13. E

Alternate Wikibox Thread

The Finnish People's Party (FPP) (Finnish: Suomalainen kansanpuolue (SKP), Swedish: Finska folkpartiet (FFP)) is a Finnish nationalist political party which was founded in 1962 as the Finnish People's Front. The party was formed by members of radical wing of the Democratic Coalition Party, who...
  14. E

Auto Industry AHs

An interesting Swedish/European POD would be the planned merger of Volvo and Saab-Scania actually taking place. It came real close in 1977, but was called off due to resistance from Saab's CEO and the board who feared that Saab as the junior partner would lose it's identity and eventually wither...
  15. E

ESA's Infoboxes and Other Stuff

Procrastination is a helluva drug. (Apologies in advance for all the terrible things I've allowed Google translate to do to Finnish and Estonian) The Moonsund Islands, alternatively the Moonsund Archipelago or Moonsund (Estonian: Moonsundi saarestikuks; Swedish: Moonsundsöarna; Finnish...
  16. E

ESA's Infoboxes and Other Stuff

I guess I'll join in on the fun by starting my own infobox thread as well. For my first post I have decided to answer the ancient question of what happens when you're scrolling through the Canadian politics thread while half-listning to some podcast that happens to talk about Nancy Pelosi...
  17. E

Yeah those are all fair points, I'm fully aware that Weimer isn't the best choice and if I ever did something more with the concept there are probably a bunch of people on the list I'd swap out for other more fitting candidates. Admittedly the choice could be justified with ITTL's Weimer being...
  18. E

I may take you up on that offer. Right now I'm back to attempting to focus entirely on studying for my exams with this being my little distraction, but you could hear back from me in a couple of days or weeks. With the Future Party sort of being a version of the Greens that tilts more towards...
  19. E

I found this old thing gathering dust on an old computer of mine. Based on the half-finished footnotes I believe I had based it to some degree on a TLIAD by @Ares96 from a few years ago. I made some adjustments to the list and just wrote a few quick paragraphs tonight, not a full story but a bit...
Back