• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. B

Long-Lasting Protectorate

Upon researching the period further, I wonder if it could lead to a third Fronde in the 1670s, unifying disaffected nobles and Huguenots against the Crown and forcing Louis to accept some limits on his authority - the chaos of the Fronde or Louis's actions thereafter could drive the Huguenots to...
  2. B

Thinking about the influence Roundhead propaganda would have in Europe under a longer-lasting protectorate, portraying England as a perfect Republic beset by Catholic interlopers. I'd imagine it'd rapidly gain currency in the Dutch Republic, and enter Southern France by way of Bayonne, spreading...
  3. B

I just looked at your book, it appears very interesting from the summary alone and I plan on purchasing it and the sequel as well, once I have means to do so - it sheds valuable light on a little understood period of British history that I think deserves to be studied more. I think your comment...
  4. B

Thank you for the long and well-thought out response! I knew little about the times of James in exile besides distinguishing himself in service, so thank you for supplementing that information! This timeline has several assumptions, which may be a little bold: After Charles II's death, the...
  5. B

So, this is the out of character thread for Atlas Occidentia, which can be found in Graphics. The scenario begins with a simple point of divergence: Charles is fleeing from the battle of Worcester, having been defeated by Parliamentary forces. In our timeline, he was travelling with Richard...
  6. B

Atlas Occidentia

Wars in the Occident: The Western Design (1654-1655) The Western Design was an expedition, sent by Cromwell, to seize as many islands as possible from the Spanish. The expedition consisted of two parts, with Sir William Penn leading the fleet and General Robert Venables commanding the land...
  7. B

Atlas Occidentia
    Threadmarks: Map of Occidentia

Map of Occidentia, 1650, as Printed by the Atlas Occidentia Society
  8. B

Atlas Occidentia

Front page of the Charter, as reprinted on its 350th anniversary by the British Parliament in 2002 Charter of Government The Charter for Assembling a Government Unto the Dominions of England, Scotland, and Ireland, and all Possessions thereof belonging, more simply known as The Charter of...
  9. B

Atlas Occidentia

The Death of Charles II One defining event in the course of Occidental history did not happen on the nation's shores, but rather in the Protectorate - the untimely death of Charles II. Charles II had been crowned King by the Scottish Parliament, and he moved south to England to try and overthrow...
  10. B

Atlas Occidentia

Introduction Atlas Occidentia is a series of maps and images that documents the great nation of Occidentia. Occidentia is a multiethnic foederal constitutional republic, stretching from the Atlantic Ocean in the East to the Rocky Mountains (Miistakistsi/Mestakichy) in the West. The northern...
Back