• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. F

Football PoDs and alternate possibilities.

The best ever what if. The fantastic Leeds United logo being used. Never has a logo been so iconic not been used.
  2. F

Princess Diana lives

She lives, quadraspazzed on a life glug, slowly forgotten as the press get bored so the Duke of Edinburgh can pull the plug.
  3. F

That's the revised Craig Whyte story up. Put it on the writing forum.
  4. F

Will have the Craig Whyte story updated by Monday.
  5. F

I'll do a proper version of it.
  6. F

The Whyte Knight. There were moments of doubt. When Malmo equalised during the Champions League Qualifier with ten minutes to go, it seemed that Rangers European Adventure was set to come to a close. The Swedes had not countered for a moment of sheer magic from Nikita Jelavic who scored from an...
  7. F

I wrote two on the other place. One about Sky going bust and the effects of it on the Premier League and one about Craig Whyte saving Rangers. Will see if I can find them in morning.
  8. F

What if Murdo Fraser won?

Ruth Davidson achieved a combination of being personable whilst at the same time mobilising the Unionist voters in the same way the SNP mobilised the yessirs. Bear in mind, 2015 was a shock, destroying 56 years of Labour dominance in Scotland. In this scenario, the SNP would be less able to...
  9. F

What if Murdo Fraser won?

I started but it lacked detail and never really got off the ground. There could have been a continuity Tory Party, but likely wouldn't. It has been on my mind for a while to do it properly, but doubt there would be that much interest tbh. I still think that a CSU-style Scottish Tory Party in...
  10. F

In terms of budget adjusted for TV money. Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen would be upper Championship, lower Premier League. Dundee United and Motherwell Championship. The rest of the Premiership League One. Except for Hamilton who somehow always survive relegation.
  11. F

Actually, thinking about it, you would see Rangers try undoubtedly. Queen's Park though might have been a stretch. They were against the formation of the Scottish League, never mind joining a British one.
  12. F

I started it but quickly realised how broad the scope was and how difficult it would be so abandoned it. If I were to revisit the idea it would be far more recent with the FAW refusing consent for any Welsh club to continue in the English leagues when the League of Wales was founded. This was...
  13. F

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

When was the channel separating Scotland from the island of Great Britain dug?
  14. F

Was looking for elderly, relatively centrist politician. To be honest, one of three I struggled with. Bear in mind, Kinnock failed twice in 1987, 1992, He has the record of losing when going for high office too.
  15. F

President of the British Republic. 1945-1953 - Clement Attlee 1953-1961 - Bernard Law Montgomery 1961-1963 - Harold Wilson 1963-1969 - James Callaghan 1969-1974 - Enoch Powell 1974-1977 - Alec Douglas-Home 1977-1981 - David Steel 1981-1989 - Michael Caine 1989-1993 - Stanley Johnson 1993-2001 -...
  16. F

Yes! Wins the Scottish Independence Referendum in 2014?

One other thing, the effects on Wales and Northern Ireland would be interesting. I suspect it would depend strongly on how an independent Scottish state would cope in the years after independence. Carwyn Jones could have been right. It could cause the Union to splinter.
  17. F

Part Two to my post above as areas missed out. One major area of instability caused by independence would be in the supply chain and in the service sector. Take Sky, HBoS or RBS. Three large companies which all operate large operations on a UK or GB wide basis. Their service centres will be...
  18. F

Since division of assets are being discussed, I have read up a bit on independence negotiations and how they would have gone. They actually go for any future negotiations. First things first, there would have to have been a division of assets. There are a list of fixed assets which wouldn't...
  19. F

This is a continuation of my previous list on an independent Scotland, listed below in spoiler. England and the Irelands to come. Heads of Government/State of Wales. 1985-2020 Prime Minister. Neil Kinnock 1985-1990 (1) Barry Jones 1990 (2) Anne Clywd 1990-1997 (3) Dafyd Wigley 1997-1998...
  20. F

For a whole number of reasons, not least of which being there is no organised movement for it and they would be screwed over in terms of oil if they did so. Saying they could opt out if they want is different from saying it either will or is likely to hapoen. Further, in a poll cited in the...
Back