• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. W

Query - Partition of Brandenburg-Prussia proposed by Frederick William (Great Elector)'s 2nd testament?

I've mapped the 1681 testament provisions, based on your translations (took me much longer than I anticipated). I haven't managed to find any map which give the exact boundaries of Amt Egeln so I've had to pop in a dashed line. If one of the more expansive testamentary partitions had occured...
  2. W

Query - Partition of Brandenburg-Prussia proposed by Frederick William (Great Elector)'s 2nd testament?

This is exactly the sort of detail I was hoping for, thank you! EDIT - just spotted the follow up. The English language sources I looked at did seem to suggest that the later testament was more aggressive in partitioning the inheritance, its interesting to see that was the case.
  3. W

Its a book that is apparently called Geschichte der Preussischen Politik (might have misspelled that). The PdF I bookmarked is here - https://www.degruyter.com/downloadpdf/book/9783111580494/10.1515/9783111580494-003.pdf The page on the De Gruyter website is -...
  4. W

Took forever to dig out my copy of Iron Kingdom and it was frustratingly uninformative; page 102 mentions "It was under pressure from Dorothea that the Great Elector agreed to provide for his younger sons through the testamentary partition of his lands, a decision that was concealed from...
  5. W

As a quick query does anyone happen to know what the proposed partition of Brandenburg-Prussia in c.1680s would have involved? Wikipedia mentions the whole affair thus; 'Frederick William's testament would have divided Brandenburg-Prussia among his sons, yet firstborn Frederick III with the...
  6. W

Three-sided War of the Spanish Succession Question

Doing a bit of research for a potential Queen Anne based TL. Presuming in an alternate roll of the dice that Joseph Ferdinand doesn't die in 1699, the first partition treaty is still agreed upon, the Spanish still decide to be truculent and leave a complete inheritance instead, all roughly as...
Back