• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

I understand this reference. Doing one of the great heroes of literature as a stub article (wonder which resident of Longbourne described him as “diffident” in their diaries) is inspired.
  2. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

As I mentioned before, this excellent series was the direct inspiration for my series.
  3. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Edward Heath Harold Wilson James Callaghan Margaret Thatcher John Major Tony Blair Gordon Brown David Cameron Theresa May Boris Johnson Liz Truss Rishi Sunak Keir Rodney Starmer, best known by his stage name Rod Starmer, is a British flautist and jazz musician. Starmer is also a professor at...
  4. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Yeah, the Truss and Sunak (and May) ones were harder because unlike a lot of the earlier PMs they don’t really have hinterlands to speak of. Truss’s post-premiership has revealed her comfort zone to be that of a reactionary talking head, but I was genuinely struggling to think of what Sunak...
  5. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Edward Heath Harold Wilson James Callaghan Margaret Thatcher John Major Tony Blair Gordon Brown David Cameron Theresa May Boris Johnson Liz Truss Rishi Sunak is a British-American businessman and financier, who has since 2012 served as the founder and CEO of Yavin Capital. Born in Southern...
  6. C

Callan's Graphics and Things

1966-1980: B.J. Vorster (National) 1980-1986: Connie Molder (National) 1985-1992: Andries Treurnicht (National)[1] 1992: Danie Schutte (National) 1992-1994: Pik Botha / Oliver Tambo / Marrack Goulding (National/ANC/United Nations Taskforce) [2] 1994-2010: Winnie Mandela (ANC)[3] 2010-2011...
  7. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Edward Heath Harold Wilson James Callaghan Margaret Thatcher John Major Tony Blair Gordon Brown David Cameron Theresa May Boris Johnson Elizabeth Truss is a British-Canadian academic and cultural commentator. A “post-liberal” feminist, she is the author of the 2019 book Disgrace, which she...
  8. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

It’s canon. The Johnson thing was based on a couple of asides I’ve seen about how Max Hastings refused to make Johnson a war reporter - I think you and @AH Layard are right in that he was probably trying to ape Churchill - and then remembering what a lousy journo he actually was OTL, how the...
  9. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Edward Heath Harold Wilson James Callaghan Margaret Thatcher John Major Tony Blair Gordon Brown David Cameron Theresa May Boris Johnson was an English journalist best known for his work as a war reporter on the Libyan Civil War and the Kashmir War. Born in New York, Johnson was educated at...
  10. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Edward Heath Harold Wilson James Callaghan Margaret Thatcher John Major Tony Blair Gordon Brown David Cameron Theresa May OBE is a businesswoman and civil servant. The daughter of a vicar who studied geography at Oxford, May initially worked as a consultant for the Bank of England. She...
  11. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Edward Heath Harold Wilson James Callaghan Margaret Thatcher John Major Tony Blair Gordon Brown David Cameron is a British intelligence officer who has been serving as the Director General of MI5 since 2018. Cameron was born in London and educated at Eton College and Oxford, and has served...
  12. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Brown and Rowling are/were friends OTL - she donated a lot of money Labour when he was PM and there was talk of her getting a peerage. Apparently they became associated through Rowling’s campaigning with Gingerbread (when it was called the National Council of One Parent Families), and if...
  13. C

Callan's Graphics and Things

The elections to the newly reconstituted Russian State Duma were held in October 1984, one month after the first Russian Presidential election that had seen the election of former dissident Yelena Bonner. She had ran as an independent, supported by a wide array of civic and former dissident...
  14. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Edward Heath Harold Wilson James Callaghan Margaret Thatcher John Major Tony Blair Gordon Brown is a Church of Scotland minister who served as Moderator of the General Assembly between 2008 and 2009. The son of a Church of Scotland minister who grew up in a Manse, Brown was educated in a...
  15. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

It’s striking how so many contemporary accounts of Blair compare him to an ageing rock star, and not in a complimentary sense. Nearly made him a rockstar through apparently the couldn’t sing very well. I think if he hadn’t gone into politics (or just never made it to the top) his magpie...
  16. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Edward Heath Harold Wilson James Callaghan Margaret Thatcher John Major Tony Blair is a British businessman and music producer. The son of a prominent law professor and educated at prestigious private schools, Blair moved to London at the age of 18 to attempt a career as a music promoter...
  17. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

I wanted to do something with Major having briefly worked in Nigeria, and Major as a bent businessman had already been done, but I'd never seen him done as a genuinely heroic figure...
  18. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Edward Heath Harold Wilson James Callaghan Margaret Thatcher John Major was an English businessman and whistleblower. Major was born into a middle class family, but dropped out of school aged sixteen. After working a number of different clerking and business roles Major accepted a secondment...
  19. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Suppose the interesting one now would be Biden. Not obvious what else he would do, given he got elected to the Senate so young.
  20. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

It’s based on a series of wikiboxes Gorrister did on the other place on the exact same theme - I think the hinterlands of various UK PMs make it a different dynamic. On your idea, it sounds very similar to @Roberto El Rey’s excellent TLIAD.
Back