• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. L

AMERICA DIVIDES: The Multi-Party US Election of 2016

hahahaha hahaha haha ha ha I know it's all played for laughs, but I quite like the sheer absurdity of it. In a way, it works to put us back in 2016, when political commentators had to contend not just with the fact that Trump was not fizzling out, but that this utter loon was leading the...
  2. L

Lilitou's Graphics & Misc Bandwagon Thread

tbh I was gonna play the route of "hapless MPs summon a dead god in exchange for +2 in the polls"
  3. L

this has now given me the urge to write a lovecraftian political thriller
  4. L

Ah yes, the Antrim and Down People's Republics!
  5. L

Thanks! My vague idea was that this is a timeline where the Days of May toppled the monarchy, so you get Chartists really ingrained into the national consciousness, and a political right that can define itself as republican (likely, I imagine, quite some time after all this happens). The end...
  6. L

ASB because the real challenge is either Lincolnshire or Yorkshire wanting south Humberside
  7. L

8. L

Happy Yorkshire Day :)
  9. L

The 2018 Yorkshire provinicial election was held in Yorkshire on 13 June 2018. Incumbent Sheriff Gavin Williamson was defeated by Jodie Whittaker. The Republicans lost their overall majority in the Provincial Council, while the Chartists emerged as the largest party only 2 seats short of a...
  10. L

I realise now that Nigel Farage is the actual funny person to say for that (and I can sort of see it)
  11. L

My other joke was Vince Cable so it's not the worst!
  12. L

Boris Johns-
  13. L

I never shared this fucking thing outside of the PMQs thread, so figured why not. Enjoy Putinist Britain, entirely based on a off-hand comment about how the "British Labour Liberal Democratic Party" sounded like a bonkers party name.
  14. L

Alternate History General Discussion

Congratulations @M_Kresal! It took me an embarassing amount of time to release that "trans." meant translated. Assumed the author/story was transgender.
  15. L

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Absolute banter that the Yorkshire devo referendum gets a bigger margin in favour than in Wales, love it
  16. L

WI: British Purchase California in 1841?

Sorry for the doublepost, but it just came to me; outside of the more obvious ripples on Manifest Destiny, it presumably also leads to an alternate Mormon migration, or, a Mormon minority in British territory? As Lennock says, the borders of Alta California actually cover a lot more than what we...
  17. L

WI: British Purchase California in 1841?

Very interesting. Need a vignette set in Angel City, the largest city in the Dominion of California. Edit: And I wonder if the provincial capital might find itself in Fresno or Cambria (probably with a different name; though Cambria is funnily fitting), in a situation similar to that of...
  18. L

SLP 'Telephone' Maps and Graphics Game 5

I'd like to give it a go :)
  19. L

Erin's Erfurt III Experience

Love it; this feels distinctly like the "good" timeline. Have to wonder though, his electoral ambitions thoroughly dashed, would Herr Hitler not at some point return to his militant roots as an different path to power?
  20. L

Written British constitution

I think you'd just want any kind of revolution or any event that disrupts the status quo and Parliament in particular. The events leading up to the 1832 reform act are probably your best bet for this. You have the Days of May as the "closest Britain came to revolution", and it's not too much of...