• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. A

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

On the topic of unilluminated Brandons: found this on @Kaddeus's page on the Other Side and it's fucking glorious
  2. A

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

That was the plan. Either that or he wins a gubernatorial race.
  3. A

Because Li Peng. Namely, how he's much worse at the whole "hiding your strength and biding your time" shtick than Deng. So when the Soviets pack it in, the U.S. switches their attention to China. tl;dr Cold War history books have an extra chapter detailing US-China relations post-1991/92 up to 1997.
  4. A

I suspect the China of the 90s would be more willing to play ball. After Li Peng is shot dead and dumped in an East Beijing ditch retired, anyways.
  5. A

Because my opinion of Pelosi has improved significantly after the last 72 hours: Presidents of the United States of America 1969-1972: Richard Nixon † (Republican) 1968 (with Spiro Agnew): def. Hubert Humphrey / Carl Sanders (Democratic), George Wallace / Curtis LeMay (All-American)...
  6. A

Ah. Fuckin based blacken
  7. A

Wait - so AOC is simultaneously president and representative? The Daily Show episode is quite new, after all.
  8. A

Some things never change, huh? Who's the president that nearly gets Kennedy-ed? Also who's the communist-conservative?
  9. A

We're only two years into the 2020s, my friend.
  10. A

Thanks! Honestly? I just picked them out of the UKPolchat and BBC articles. If you could suggest more realistic “future Tory-loss by-elections” it’d be greatly appreciated.
  11. A

Currently the existing federal government headed by a troika of Rotenberg, Yegorov and Golikova. Master(bater)s may be a prick but he at least understands basic PR. For instance, understanding that backing the pogrom-leading totalitarian tsarists isn’t a good way to get good PR. Most of the...
  12. A

Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2019-2023: Boris Johnson (Conservative) 2019 (majority): def. Jeremy Corbyn (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (SNP), Jo Swinson (Liberal Democrats) 2022 Conservative leadership election: Boris Johnson def. Sajid Javid...
  13. A

Always time for a comeback—!
  14. A

Thanks for the suggestion, I chose him mostly because of ... this.
  15. A

I apologize for this. Be Careful What You Wish For Presidents of the United States of America 2017-2021: Donald Trump (Republican) 2016 (with Mike Pence): def. Hillary Clinton / Tom Perez (Democratic) 2021-2026: Bernie Sanders (Democratic) 2020 (with Amy Klobuchar): def. Donald Trump / Mike...
  16. A

That’s fair. For Veep or president? Honestly I’d be inclined to say both. A Bernie v Klob race in 2016 would be more interesting, to say the least.
  17. A

I suspect a Bernie16 ticket might have gone with someone like Ruben Gallego tbh
  18. A

idk, but Bernie is unfortunately weaker with black voters than Biden so he can't afford the risk and besides Rochester would probably be a bit better at being Veep than Harris has been so far
  19. A

honestly she makes more sense; no controversial prosecutorial record, for one.
  20. A

Fair point. The whole "prosecutor record not being looked into" could be an interesting POD for a bad (or rather, unlucky) Bernie presidency TL.