• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. S

Panel Discussion: What is Plausibility?

Nothing public-facing, no - I try to stay off that site for my sanity.
  2. S

Alternate History General Discussion

3. S

May this be restricted to this forum? It's still a booming form elsewhere, on AH.com or the AH wikia.
  4. S

Here is the fundraiser for Flint's memorial service expenses - I've chipped in some.
  5. S

The genre would have not been the same without him. May he rest in peace.
  6. S

All the history books I had when going through the Virginia public school system had personal accounts to make history feel more real. Here's a good twitter thread on the subject specifically in regards to the Holocaust: As Liam said in a good comment on Simon Schama: What a good personal...
  7. S

What @SenatorChickpea and @Kimkatya have said - both insightful comments - got me thinking, and I have some scattered thoughts. If I could make newbies to AH read anything, I'd give them this piece by rvbomally on the Alternate History Weekly Update. It's a piercing piece about how so many AH...
  8. S

Least favorite alt-history story?

If it were just bad writing I'd cut him some slack. It's the racism that obliterated any sympathy I may have had for him.
  9. S

Least favorite alt-history story?

https://neverwasmag.com/2022/07/the-republic-of-virginia/ Here's a rather abysmal work of AH I got as a review copy. The author is going to be mad at me but frankly he deserves it.
  10. S

11. S

Non-SLP Writing Opportunities

https://www.facebook.com/groups/openspeculativemarkets This is a group I'm in with new opportunities regularly submitted.
  12. S

Allo Americana

I’d like that very much.
  13. S

Allo Americana

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1oO9ksU67N2Zwr2cHQbooY?si=UhP48QDgRUmHcI7hHBQmCA&nd=1 Me, @M_Kresal, @Sulemain, and two guys not with accounts here discuss this anthology with Shahnaz Ahmed on her podcast Living a Life Through Books.
  14. S

Self-insert ISOT novels as propaganda: the case of Russia's "Popadantsy" stories

I'd say it depends on whether you're talking about an orthodox Marxist or a Leninist - because the latter's concept of a Vanguard Party strikes me as more amenable to that sort of thinking.
  15. S

Self-insert ISOT novels as propaganda: the case of Russia's "Popadantsy" stories

I watched the 1970s Red Western White Sun of the Desert a few months back and what really struck me is that it had something very much like the old American racist canard of 'uplifting the savages,' but couched in explicitly Marxist language i.e. 'advancing the primitives to the next stage of...
  16. S

Expired HTTPS certificate for the forums

I’m having the same.
  17. S

The 21st Century Red Army that Never Was

18. S

Switzerland is the country equivalent of Elizabeth II or Jimmy Carter or Henry Kissinger - you never really expect them to pass on. Switzerland will still be there when the sun goes supernova.
  19. S

20. S

You make fair points - what my gut tells me is that we must never be flippant about historical tragedy, which I think is Serrano's problem with the meme.