• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. M

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

so the aim here was to get britain to a point where the chairs of parliamentary select committees on foreign affairs. home affairs, etc etc are the relevant minister for that governmental department To get there, my idea was to have a New Labour project that goes much further in the...
  2. M

genuinely didn't pick up on that when i did it tbh but yeah youre right
  3. M

real dumb idea this Fully Automated Luxury Cabinet Democracy Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland 1997-1997: John Smith (Labour) 1997 (Coalition with Liberal Democrats) def. John Major (Conservative), Paddy Ashdown (Liberal Democrat), David Trimble...
  4. M

WI: De Gaulle dies in 1940

In Chasing Shadows, I don't have him killed, he just doesn't get out of France in time. In his absence, the Franco-British Union is more of a thing and there's not really a leader of the Free French. At least officially. De facto Felix Eboue leads the French forces in Africa.
  5. M

cross posting here A Rum Lot Monarchs / Consorts of the British Empire 1910-1915: George V / Mary of Teck (Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) 1915-1917: Edward VIII / vacant (Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) 1917-1937: Edward VIII / vacant (Wettin) 1937-0000: Edward VIII / Ethel du Pont (Wettin) Prime Ministers...
  6. M

Cikka's Farcical AH Comp II: The Revenge

A Rum Lot Monarchs / Consorts of the British Empire 1910-1915: George V / Mary of Teck (Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) 1915-1917: Edward VIII / vacant (Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) 1917-1937: Edward VIII / vacant (Wettin) 1937-0000: Edward VIII / Ethel du Pont (Wettin) Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom...
  7. M

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

what's the story
  8. M

Excellent Andrew Content
  9. M

The Eleventh HoS Challenge

I'm actually going to write the description for my list now.
  10. M

I showed this to my girlfriend and she thought it was lovely.
  11. M

The Eleventh HoS Challenge

A really really spurious one this, with a very very soft POD with Chester Nimitz's appointment to command the Pacific Fleet on Christmas Day in 1941. Know Me Better Man 1933-1945: Franklin D. Roosevelt I (Democratic) 1932 (with John Nance Garner) def. Herbert Hoover (Republican) 1936 (with...
  12. M

fuck you /s 1908-1910: H.H. Asquith (Liberal majority) 1910-1911: All-Party Technical Government [1] 1910; Arthur Balfour (Conservative), H.H. Asquith (Liberal), John Redmond / William O'Brien (Irish Nationalists), Arthur Henderson (Labour) 1911 Tariff Reform referendum; YES 53% 1911-1913: H.H...
  13. M

Crooked Warren or Harding Lives On

1924 was going to be a bad year for Democrats no matter how bad Teapot Dome turned out, because of how bad their Convention was. I don't see that changing and they'll still end up nominating either a bland conservative like Davis or splitting the party tbh It could be a situation in which La...
  14. M

Cikka’s Arguably Failing Attempt To Motivate Herself, A Test Thread

I've done a couple of two term Hoover lists which I generally justify by having Japan go nuts and war break out in the Pacific in 1932.
  15. M

How Dare You? 2019-2022: Boris Johnson (Conservative) 2019 (Majority) def. Jeremy Corbyn (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish National), Jo Swinson (Liberal Democrat), Arlene Foster (Democratic Unionist), Mary Lou MacDonald (Sinn Fein) 2022-2022: James Cleverly (Conservative) 2022 (Majority)...
  16. M

A Very Different 1945 Basic idea here is that Labour's victory in 1945 IOTL saw the party take a quasi-imperialist tack, shearing itself of parts of the empire whilst engaging in stuff like the groundnut scheme, still mulling the idea that Britain via the Empire/Commonwealth could still be a...
  17. M

SLP 'Telephone' Maps and Graphics Game 4

Have sent mine along to @Nanwe
  18. M

1940-1942: Winston Churchill (Conservative leading War Government with Labour, Liberal Nationals, Liberals and National Labour) 1942-1946: Stafford Cripps (Independent leading War Government with Conservatives, Labour, Liberal Nationals, Liberals and National Labour) 1946-1957: Herbert Morrison...
  19. M

American Crisis in 1914

That's one interpretation. But in 1914, the US was still a net debtor nation. In the last week of July, British and French investors started to liquidate their American security holdings into currency. And many of them then started converting their dollars into gold, to repatriate the cash back...