• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. S

Alternate History General Discussion

Oh now come on, don't exaggerate, we didn't formally establish the Ministry for Skulls until 1946
  2. S

My name.

just realised @Meadow didn't actually get tagged so here we go
  3. S

My name.

To Jophiel!
  4. S

Thank-you, Ambassador Kell
  5. S

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

Good to see you, D.C. Alden, though I think this generally has less Eurabia fearmongering than your previous novels
  6. S

On 'Axis of Andes' and Adapting Online Alternate History for Publication

wait what @DG Valdron if that's an actual project hit me up by DM, I will absolutely review that on The Scifi and Fantasy Reviewer without hesitation
  7. S

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

omg 'neowhiggism' yes
  8. S

'Dark Rose' review

This brings up an interesting point that I was thinking about the other day when reading the updates @Charles EP M. was making as he read through Dark Rose. Now as Charles points out, this novel explicitly wasn't written as an Alternate History title and was a product of that awkward time period...
  9. S

Drake's Drum

wait is this a timeline where Slim and O'Connor get more to do and greater recognition? I need to get a copy asap
  10. S

Dark Rose

@Charles EP M. that reminds me of the ending to the novel The Leader when the protagonist has captured Leader Oswald Mosley in the Downing Street bunker, and in the epilogue they discuss free elections and there's the ironic ending of 'and he was happy to leave the fate of Britain in the capable...
  11. S

Dark Rose

this is filled with so much contrived bullshit I absolutely cannot get enough of it tragic that he died before writing the sequel where NATO invades Libya in revenge
  12. S

Dark Rose

When you definitely know the difference between tanks and boats
  13. S

Dark Rose

"I knew it was Saddam! Even when it was the Palestinians, I knew it was Saddam!"
  14. S

Over to our own @Gary Oswald who might have some ideas
  15. S

There's also that incredibly dark one I reviewed with the Japanese-German Cold War, where a Japanese guy goes back to kill the Fuhrer and assure Imperial Japanese victory
  16. S

All I can find is someone who mocked up a poster for a book cover Are they on Amazon or a forum or something?
  17. S

The Ballad Of Mike Sparks

Actually, thinking about this more, the addition or subtraction of a nickname for a piece of military hardware is an interest 'soft' AH way of indicating that you've diverged into a parallel reality that can be noticed by those with a particular niche interest before those who might not have...
  18. S

The Ballad Of Mike Sparks

Clashed with one of Mike's many Sockpuppets on the M113 en.wiki page in the mid-2000s Very strange man But a good article @Coiler demonstrating that even absurd ideas can have intriguing concepts found within them I'm also reminded of the Pentagon Wars film when you talk about Sparks making...
  19. S

@RyanF get me the chequebook no, the big chequebook
  20. S

Thank-you for reminding me - I reviewed the first two (for the SLP Blog I think) and I need to review this one in turn. Apart from SLP, Inkling Press are the only AH-focused publisher I know of in the industry