• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. N

AHC/WI: Explicitly pro-IRA government in Ireland during the Troubles

Direct intervention is very unlikely but it's not inconceivable that the Irish Government supplies arms to the IRA on the quiet, perhaps if the Garda don't pick up on Haughey, Blaney and Captain Kelly's plan, or at least don't inform Liam Cosgrave https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_Crisis
  2. N

WI: Mussolini successfully escapes to Switzerland

Putting Mussolini in the dock would certainly be interesting, being in better physical and mental health than Hitler he'd probably be willing and able to attempt to turn the trial into a political theatre to defend Fascism and cement his legacy.
  3. N

Who could be a "Democratic Reagan?"

To go totally off the reservation someone should do a Finland list that includes Commodant Lassard as Prime Minister
  4. N

Who could be a "Democratic Reagan?"

I've always gone for Peter Graves as the Democratic expy of Reagan, i believe there were a couple of attempts to get him to run for elected office but he wasn't interested. I think he fits the bill a little better than an A-lister, which Reagan himself wasn't. Burt Lancaster another for his...
  5. N

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

I keep thinking of the Ulster one and get very confused.
  6. N

A more significant bombing of Dublin in WWII and it's aftereffects

Áras an Uachtaráin was damaged during the North Strand raid, if it takes a direct hit and President Hyde is present at the time and is killed that could change things, although I can see the Germans making a prompt apology to try and diffuse tensions. For big changes, such as joining the...
  7. N

Yeah, I severely doubt they will drop their neutrality unless it becomes obvious that they are being directly and systematically targeted, or Hitler just decided to declare war on them; though that seems very remote. A potential interesting butterfly might be that Irish volunteers are treated...
  8. N

Since we have had a run of WWII posts recently thought I'd pose this question. While Ireland was "officially" a neutral nation,Dublin (and other parts of Ireland) would suffer some bombing from Luftwaffe bombers gone astray https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dublin_in_World_War_II...
  9. N

Gotcha, that's not going to end well for anyone unfortunately, the economics alone will be unsustainable
  10. N

Was Independence on the NI referendum an attempt to hobble the United Ireland side that went horribly wrong?
  11. N

He looks like he would post on this forum
  12. N

Stupid deaths that never happened

On that note, Farage and his plane crash. Even more so if he blows himself up by lighting that cigarette too close to the leaking fuel.
  13. N

This is better by far compared to what we actually got.
  14. N

Bertie Ahern's attempts to upload his consciousness to the internet didn't go as planned
  15. N

A more successful Ulster Conservatives and Unionists - New Force

The much unloved UCUNF was by any metric a failure, driving away the UUP's sole MP (Sylvia Hermon) and throwing its weight behind independent Rodney Connor in Fermanagh and South Tyrone didn't succeed with Sinn Fein's Michelle Gildernew winning by only 4 votes. But was there a chance for more...
  16. N

Trust Charlie to ruin a good thing (for FF).
  17. N

Media Musing Counterfactuals: The White Ranger vs VR Troopers

Starcom or we riot.
  18. N

A More Successful 'Spring Tide' and it's Outcomes?

We discussed this previously and as I understand it Labour made the same mistake as SF in 2020 by not running enough seats. Now thats still not going to get them enough to put them in the driving seat so you will need a combination of Labour gains and pretty major FF/FG losses. With Fianna Fail...
  19. N

More of this please
  20. N

MAKING...Test Thread

"and I'll tell you what else, you can shove your Fianna Fail up your arse!"