• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. N

Makemakean Does Various Graphical Things!

These are seriously cool. Bravo.
  2. N

WI: No Renner Government / Soviet Liberation of Vienna ?

Reading up on early Cold War Austria, it appears that the Western Allies originally had no intention of re-establishing the 1920 Austrian Constitution and would have instead preferred a bottom-up reconstruction of the Austrian state like how things happened in Germany. Instead, the Soviet...
  3. N

Election maps and assorted others

I see the Holstein-Gottorp remain the reigning house?
  4. N

Nanwe's Maps and Graphics Thread

In 1924, there finally was an election to fill the seats. But by then so much had happened that I didn't include it. Also because I can't find the district breakdown.
  5. N

So wiki-style (may include full English name under the party's acronym). Very much inspired by/copied from the style used by User:Julio974fr and his collection of maps of Belgian historical elections since 1945.
  6. N

Frankly, the unexpected thing was that Puerto Rico’s municipalities are the same and with the same shape as they held in 1893.
  7. N

Actually, nevermind, I was looking for stuff on the 1925 election and came across this lovely, very time-appropriate graphic that shows how official documents depicted the Slovak mess:
  8. N

I actually never found the boundaries, rather I found a 1919-1920 municipal map, still reflecting the inherited districts from Hungary before reorganisation. Which was perfect because that’s how they’re shown in the 1920 election monographic I had but totally different from what the 1920...
  9. N

And it's finished. Can't believe it has taken so much effort and time but here it is. Next up, the 1920 Senate election. I'm thinking of doing a basemap for the 1925-1935 elections (as the borders of the country and the districts changed but not sure yet).
  10. N

SLP 'Telephone' Maps and Graphics Game 4

Damn that’s a really fast start
  11. N

AHC: Save Yugoslavia

Quoting myself from an earlier thread, because I think it's still a decent idea. Also, concerning wealth, as you can see below, wealthy areas were really concentrated in Slovenia and the touristic parts of Croatia (as well as Zagreb) and Vojvodina.
  12. N

AHHHHHHH So I found a Czech website that contains the most precise map of the interwar constituencies for Slovakia. And it's something. But also something very useful moving forward, in combination with some other maps I have and the current access to my desktop here in Spain. Behold, the...
  13. N

SLP 'Telephone' Maps and Graphics Game 4

Same here.
  14. N

Weimar Germany- A,B,C

Absolutely agreed on this point, if not mistaken the very harsh reparations demanded by France were seen also as a way to cripple Germany in the absence of a system of collective security organised around France-UK-US, or definitely, that's how Clemenceau saw it, as a second/third-best scenario...
  15. N

Caprice's Maps and What-Not

Have to say, I quite like the look from the superposition of the colours on the original map, just aesthetically.
  16. N

Election maps and assorted others

"Frente Grande", Latin American politics really have a spot for non-descriptive names.
  17. N

Czechoslovakia keeps Carpathian Ruthenia

I think the premise itself is a bit hard to accomplish, although far from impossible. Czechoslovak authorities' fears that the Soviets would annex Slovakia and Stalin's own views on national identity, and the strength of the local Communists - on top of the Red Army's presence - all made it...
  18. N

Czechoslovakia keeps Carpathian Ruthenia

Ive been meaning to reply on this also because I’ve been reading on the Soviet annexation of the region recently, but it’s been insane at work. Will try to reply properly tonight.
  19. N

Erin's Erfurt III Experience

At work I have to use a platform whose back side only operates correctly with Internet explorer 11 or older, compatibility mode. Archaic is my every day. Many thanks!
  20. N

Erin's Erfurt III Experience

Do you have the 1925 census numbers at hand by any chance? I'm trying to get an idea of Bavaria's population evolution without the German refugees after WWII so it'd be super helpful.