• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. G

Alternate History General Discussion

It's not whiny. This thread is for discussing alternate history, it's fine to do so. It's just I read a lot of AH and I couldn't make a list like that accurately because the stuff I read doesn't do that. It's difficult to avoid the opinion, second hand as it may be, that the stuff you're...
  2. G

You don't seem to be reading very good alternate history, if I'm honest with you.
  3. G

Doctor Who Unbound: Deadline

Discuss this article by @M_Kresal here
  4. G

'Between the Helpless and the Darkness' review

Discuss this article by @SpanishSpy here
  5. G

Fiction Friction: The Transatlantic Divide in Fantasy Covers

Discuss this article by @Thande here Apologies for the delay on this going up, I was doing breathing apparatus training in a fire station yesterday and had no access to a computer.
  6. G

Review: Guns of the South

Discuss this article by @Coiler here
  7. G

'River of Teeth' review

Discuss this review by @SpanishSpy here
  8. G

The Hour of the Wolfe

Discuss this blatant excuse to mention that I'm still looking for pitches for an 'Alternate Ireland' anthology vignette here. The current vignette challenge is on 'daft systems of government' and can be found here. Entries are open until the 26th.
  9. G

Somewhat of a sister publication to us, really given how much we share writers. At this level, I think everyone's rooting for each other and collaborating. @Brent A. Harris, one of their co-founders, had a story in our last anthology and has been interviewed for the blog, etc. Delighted by the...
  10. G

Jared Kavanagh nominated for Sidewise Award

Incidentally my review of 'the Fall of Rorke's Drift' was republished over at Never Was today to mark the fact that it was also nominated for a sidewise award and it'll be up against Jared. Like genuinely if anyone is looking for good AH to read, you could do a lot worse than just going through...
  11. G

Review: The Fated Sky by Mary Robinette Kowal

Discuss this review of a novel from Sidewise nominated author Mary Robinette Kowal by Sidewise nominated author @M_Kresal here
  12. G

The three of you have clearly worked out the secret cheat code to get your works nominated. People just love themselves some Australian AH.
  13. G

Andrew Harvey and Matthew Kresal nominated for Sidewise Award

Discuss this announcement about @M_Kresal and @Andrew J Harvey here
  14. G

Discuss this announcement about @Jared here
  15. G

On 'Axis of Andes' and Adapting Online Alternate History for Publication

My first thought was 'the Princess Bride' actually.
  16. G

On 'Axis of Andes' and Adapting Online Alternate History for Publication

Discuss this article by @SpanishSpy here
  17. G

Fiction Friction: Absurd Blurbs and the Riftwar Cycle

I always found the kirby covers grotesque and offputting. The prominent skimpily dressed women with big tits is part of it and only vague connection to the books is part of it bit just aesthetically Kidby's are cleaner and less busy in a way I like. Can't help but feel nostalgia is blinding...
  18. G

Fiction Friction: Absurd Blurbs and the Riftwar Cycle

Discuss this article by @Thande here
  19. G

Review: Long Reach by Mike Lunnon-Wood

Discuss this review by @Coiler here
  20. G

Fight and Be Right

It's been six years since Ed last wrote any AH, published any ah or even posted on an ah forum. I can't blame anyone for assuming he's no longer interested.