• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. C

Hitler Poisoned in Italy, 1934

I was reading Mussolini and Hitler: The Forging of the Fascist Alliance Paperback by Christian Goeschel and it raised an interesting question. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mussolini-Hitler-Forging-Fascist-Alliance/dp/0300254733 Hitler and Mussolini met for the first time in 1934, in Italy. Hitler...
  2. C

US Liberates Britain, 1944

This idea was mentioned in the ‘general discussion’ thread. I started to think about it. US Liberates Britain, 1944 Basic Concept Britain was successfully invaded by the Nazis in 1940, with the remnants of the Royal Navy and the British Government fleeing across the Atlantic to Canada...
  3. C

Review - The Other Time

The Other Time -Mack Reynolds, Dean Ing Stories in which someone is sent back in time and starts making changes, for better or worse, have always been a favourite of mine, although the genre is never easy to get right. It is difficult to understand the technical limitations facing the locals...
  4. C

Essex Launches a Coup, 1599

In 1598, Essex (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Devereux,_2nd_Earl_of_Essex) was in deep political trouble, made worse because he was on the outs with Queen Elizabeth, when he was put in command of military operations in Ireland. This was win-win from Elizabeth’s point of view - either...
  5. C

AH Fiction Settings

One of the things I’ve been considering, in my desire to do another pure AH novel, is the problem of finding a setting that doesn’t require massive infodumping and/or crosstime travel. PODS in the Second World War, American Civil War and American Revolution are fairly common because they’re...
  6. C

Out Now – Fantastic Schools, Volume One

This and the second volume (coming soon) include stories by AHers ... https://chrishanger.wordpress.com/2020/06/26/out-now-fantastic-schools-volume-one/ Have you ever wanted to go to magic school? To cast spells and brew potions and fly on broomsticks and—perhaps—battle threats both common...
  7. C

The African Samurai

According to the below book, an African bodyguard accompanied a Jesuit mission to China in the 16th century. This man, who took the name Yasuke, was either traded or gifted to a local warlord, the most powerful man in the region at the time, and became a trusted advisor and Samurai. His new...
  8. C

Trouble in the Wind (The Phases of Mars)

With an intro and story by yours truly ... " Eighteen outstanding authors. Sixteen stories of ground warfare that never happened. Throughout the human experience, historians have wondered, “What if?” What if Sherman had fought for the South in the U.S. Civil War? What if Germany had fought to...
  9. C

Big Lizzie in the Sea of Time

So ... it's 2022. HMS Queen Elizabeth is sailing south to deter Argentina from making (yet another) try at the Falkland Islands. And then she sails into a storm and emerges in 1940, just after the Fall of France. What next ...? Chris
  10. C

Second Chance Rewrite

I’ve been giving a lot of thought, recently, to rewriting the Second Chance series, an ISOT book based around Great Britain of ‘now’ being sent back in time to 1940 and finding itself at war with Nazi Germany. However, how would this go? For starters, Britain is suddenly cut off from...
  11. C

Germany Fights On, 1919

Here's something I've been thinking about as the basis for a story. Let's assume the peace talks in 1919 fall through and Germany resolves to continue the fight, on the assumption that the allies will split and they might just be able to pull off a semi-victory (particularly if they can bring...
  12. C

North wins the Civil War, Quickly.

Just an idea for a setting ... The north wins the Battle of Bull Run, then goes on to defeat the Confederate armies (such as they are at the time) fairly quickly and cheaply. The war is over in less than a year ... What next? Chris