• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Corbyn's Hung Adventure

After a chaotic campaign with ups and downs and Labour once again managing to climb the gap between themselves and the Conservatives, we can reveal the exit poll. And we're saying... well this is history in the making. We are saying there will be an exact tie between the Conservatives and Labour. Both the Conservatives and Labour will hold 295 seats. That's down 22 for the Conservatives and up 31 for Labour. The Liberal Democrats are expected to win 15 seats, up 3. We're saying that the SNP have done very poorly, losing another 14 seats which will mean they lose their majority of Westminster seats in Scotland. Brexit on nothing, which means they've done nothing except act as a likely spoiler for the Conservatives, other parties on 24, including 18 for Northern Irish parties. That is quite a sensational exit poll and if it bares out, both the Conservatives and Labour will be 31 seats short of a majority, the most hung parliament we have seen since the 1920s. We're in for a lot of protracted coalition negotiations ahead...

1630983994783.png

...And that's a major win for the Labour Party, after two years they've picked up Mansfield again, it was a surprise to some but not others that they took it on what was otherwise a good night for Labour in 2017, but for the most part the red wall has held. Sonya Ward, the new Labour candidate, has been elected MP, defeating the rather controversial incumbent Ben Bradley...

1630984079033.png

...And now we can adjust our forcast. I must say this is probably the most accurate exit poll we've ever had, certainly the most accurate since 2005. Labour will be the largest party, taking 296 seats, while the Conservatives will hold 294 seats, just two behind them. Labour have won a plurality of the vote, and despite a sharp loss in seats the SNP have marginally gained votes. On a quick tangent, it might be interesting to see Dennis Skinner's reaction to events, as he is now Father of the House of Commons, whether he likes it or not! The protocol as it stands is that Boris Johnson will remain Prime Minister in the interim period, and will get the first chance to form a government, and Jeremy Corbyn can try to make his own arrangements with other parties. However several senior and backbench Tory figures have called for Boris Johnson to resign immediately after a campaign that several MPs called 'shambolic' or 'dreadful'. Under the current numbers, David, and this is not certain, I do not see the Conservatives staying in government. I think Jeremy Corbyn will be in Downing Street in the next few days either with a confidence and supply arrangement with other parties, in a formal coalition, or in a minority government situation. The election drama is nowhere near finished, folks. Back to you David!

1630984118565.png

Thank you Dan. Well, this has been an utterly incredible night, one of the most dramatic in my over 40 years of covering elections. Can I say right now just how honoured and privileged I am to have been persuaded to come back by the BBC for one last stint.

After a chaotic campaign with ups and downs and Labour once again managing to climb the gap between themselves and the Conservatives, we can reveal the exit poll. And we're saying... well this is history in the making. We are saying there will be an exact tie between the Conservatives and Labour. Both the Conservatives and Labour will hold 295 seats. That's down 22 for the Conservatives and up 31 for Labour. The Liberal Democrats are expected to win 15 seats, up 3. We're saying that the SNP have done very poorly, losing another 14 seats which will mean they lose their majority of Westminster seats in Scotland. Brexit on nothing, which means they've done nothing except act as a likely spoiler for the Conservatives, other parties on 24, including 18 for Northern Irish parties. That is quite a sensational exit poll and if it bares out, both the Conservatives and Labour will be 31 seats short of a majority, the most hung parliament we have seen since the 1920s. We're in for a lot of protracted coalition negotiations ahead...

Does Brexit decide to run even in Tory target seats this election? Did they forget to bribe Farage?

Thank you Dan. Well, this has been an utterly incredible night, one of the most dramatic in my over 40 years of covering elections. Can I say right now just how honoured and privileged I am to have been persuaded to come back by the BBC for one last stint.
Jason Zadrozny finds himself the kingmaker in any future Governments.

Does Brexit decide to run even in Tory target seats this election? Did they forget to bribe Farage?
They do. Perhaps, I didn't think too much of the reason it was more a means to an end.

Jason Zadrozny finds himself the kingmaker in any future Governments.
I really ought to check whether the independent is Zadrozny or Wright, I think it's Zadrozny as you say.

Behold, the Berlusconi of the East.

Benjamin_Netanyahu_MEP.png

yass queen slay.jpeg
Lilith, Mother Goddess of All Albion, born Nuit Ma Ahathoor Hecate Sappho Jezebel Lilith Crowley (July 28, 1904 - February 6, 1952) was Queen Regent of the United Kingdom and the Dominions of the British Empire from 20 January 1936 until her passing in 1952. Prior to this, she was a British mystic and self-proclaimed witch who befriended the royal family, gaining considerable influence before marrying Edward VIII. She was the firstborn daughter of English occultist Aleister Crowley and his partner Rose Edith Kelly. Historians often suggest that Lilith's scandalous and sinister reputation helped alter the course of the British monarchy, and accounts of her life and influence were often based on hearsay and rumour, going so far as to say that she had hypnotised Edward into marrying her and subsequently gaining control of the throne.

We Are the Party of the Common People
(in other words, what happens when you listen to Pulp non stop for a few weeks)

Breaking: Louise Haigh to stand down as MP, citing personal reasons
BBC News - 01/11/19

LET'S ALL MEET UP IN THE YEAR 1979: Surprise as musician Jarvis Cocker selected as new Labour candidate for Sheffield Heeley
Daily Express - 12/11/19

Jarvis Cocker elected MP for Sheffield Heeley with 11 thousand majority
The Guardian - 13/12/19

New Labour leader Keir Starmer appoints freshman MP Jarvis Cocker as junior shadow media minister
ITV News - 09/04/20

Shock as Labour fall to third in Batley and Spen by-election as Tories gain seat and Galloway surges
The Sun - 02/07/21

Jarvis Cocker sacked from shadow cabinet without explanation, shadow cabinet reportedly in uproar
The Metro- 02/07/21

Dozens of Labour MPs resign from Shadow Cabinet, Starmer under serious pressure to resign
The Guardian - 03/07/21

Starmer in desperate shadow cabinet reshuffle bid: Jess Phillips, Hilary Benn, Rosie Duffield amongst others get promotions
Daily Mail - 04/07/21

Angela Rayner calls for Keir Starmer to resign
BBC News - 04/07/21

BREAKING: Keir Starmer resigns as leader of the Labour Party with immediate effect
The Guardian - 05/07/21

Acting Leader Angela Rayner reverses July reshuffle, announces intention to run for leadership
ITV News - 06/07/21

Short-lived equalities minister Rosie Duffield to run for leadership, says 'Labour has failed women'
Daily Express - 08/07/21

Shadow Foreign Secretary Lisa Nandy declines to run for leadership, endorses Angela Rayner
The Metro - 09/07/21

Former shadow media minister Jarvis Cocker to run for leadership, saying "We must represent everyone"
BBC News - 10/07/21

Shock and surprise as Angela Rayner drops out of leadership race, endorses Cocker
ITV News - 07/08/21

Polls show Cocker surge after Rayner endorsement, wins handily over Duffield
The Guardian - 11/08/21

Jarvis Cocker elected leader of the Labour Party in landslide, proclaims "We are the party of the Common People"
Daily Mail - 29/09/21

Cocker appoints unity cabinet from all wings while sacking controversial figures
LabourList - 01/10/21

Who is the new Leader of the Labour Party: Jarvis Cocker?
BBC News - 30/09/21

View attachment 40546
1631898118450.png
The landslide in question....​

I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, ‘Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...'
View attachment 43843
“Vote for me in ‘60 or I’ll make an even worse doomsday bomb, and give it to the Soviets!”

Somewhat wish-fulfillmenty little scenario that I needed to get out of my system.
There are many points of divergence to this one, but the main ones are that Yavlinsky doesn't tell Navalny supporters not to vote for Yabloko, and the Smart Voting endorsement list for Moscow is decidedly different due to various disqualifications. The rest of the map was largely drawn up based on OTL election margins according to CIK, in addition to this map of incidencies of falsifications by region by Golos.

1632757039040.png

unknown.png
index.png

Clashes in St. Petersburg, Moscow as voters defend independent observers from police
~ Meduza.io, 20.09.2021

"We'll have to wait until September 24": Ella Pamfilova on the preliminary results
~ RBC, 22.09.2021

Tver Oblast and Khabarovsk Krai to hold gubernatorial second rounds
"United Russia's loss is inevitable," says A Just Russia candidate Marina Kim, who is running in the second round against Putin-appointed acting governor Mikhail Degtyaryov.
- Meduza.io, 22.09.2021

Deputies-elect Popova, Vishnevsky, Makhnitsky assaulted
~ Meduza.io. 23.09.2021

Russians elect first black candidate to the State Duma
Samson Sholademi, an obscure blogger and political novice, has edged out State Duma Deputy Chairman Pyotr Tolstoy in a raucous race...
~ RBC, 24.09.2021

Chaos behind closed doors following subdued United Russia victory celebration
~ RBC, 24.09.2021

Following defeat, Pyotr Tolstoy alleges that the US State Department "helped extremist opposition commit election fraud"
~ Meduza.io, 24.09.2021

Not a single State Duma candidate of the Sobyanin team won in Moscow
~ Meduza.io, 24.09.2021

Yabloko leader criticized for not mentioning political prisoners in meeting with Putin
~ Meduza.io, 26.09.2021

"The leaders of the incoming parliamentary parties should make good on their promises to our citizens"
~ Vladimir Putin during post-election meeting, 26.09.2021

Dmitry Medvedev resigns as Chairman of United Russia
~ TASS, 30.09.2021

"Hey, Seryoga!": Is Sobyanin's political career in jeopardy?
~ Meduza.io, 30.09.2021

Last edited:
Back