• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Irelands collection - call for stories!

Discuss this announcement here.
Would a carefully chosen chapter from my just -completed novel "A Nation Once Again" be appropriate for inclusion ? It's currently with Tom for hopeful publication in October.
The basic premise is that the Easter Rising takes place in 1914 concurrent with the outbreak of a European war. With German armed assistance, the British are expelled from Ireland with the exception of Ulster.
It is\will be the first volume of "The Celtic Trilogy" .

Would a carefully chosen chapter from my just -completed novel "A Nation Once Again" be appropriate for inclusion ? It's currently with Tom for hopeful publication in October.
The basic premise is that the Easter Rising takes place in 1914 concurrent with the outbreak of a European war. With German armed assistance, the British are expelled from Ireland with the exception of Ulster.
It is\will be the first volume of "The Celtic Trilogy" .

Had to think about this for a while, George. I'm certainly pleased you considered it but I think I'd rather the anthology be entirely material that isn't also part of a pre existing SLP book.

I can't be the only reader who buys slp books sight unseen just on the strength of the brand and for those readers, I'd rather they didn't get something they've already paid for before.

Had to think about this for a while, George. I'm certainly pleased you considered it but I think I'd rather the anthology be entirely material that isn't also part of a pre existing SLP book.

I can't be the only reader who buys slp books sight unseen just on the strength of the brand and for those readers, I'd rather they didn't get something they've already paid for before.
No problem

Might I suggest you do it as a 'preview chapter' at the end of the book as a bonus, rather than counted as one of the stories? That's a fairly mainstream thing to do in publishing.

Might I suggest you do it as a 'preview chapter' at the end of the book as a bonus, rather than counted as one of the stories? That's a fairly mainstream thing to do in publishing.
This would be fine with me: the first chapter of "A Nation Once Again" has already been posted on the Sea Lion Press site. The idea of it appearing as a bonus preview chapter is very appealing and perhaps other SLP titles with an Irish connection could be treated in the same way?

Back