• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Effects of PM Maudling

Milo

George Brown Apologist
Patreon supporter
Assuming that Maudling beats Heath in 1965 and eventually becomes PM like Heath, how would he fair and what would be the notable differences. I think its far less likely we go into Europe but other than that I'm unsure of any major differences. I think Maudling is probably more personable so can most likely avoid the 3 day week and would probably weaken any influence of the Selsdon group or similar and continue consensus on economic matters. Also do you think Maudling would actually become PM like Heath.

Last edited:
Assuming that Maulding beats Heath in 1965 and eventually becomes PM like Heath, how would he fair and what would be the notable differences. I think its far less likely we go into Europe but other than that I'm unsure of any major differences. I think Maulding is probably more personable so can most likely avoid the 3 day week and would probably weaken any influence of the Selsdon group or similar and continue consensus on economic matters. Also do you think Maulding would actually become PM like Heath.
It all depends if the John Poulson still happens. If yes,then he only gets to be PM for 2 years before being forced to resign.

It all depends if the John Poulson still happens. If yes,then he only gets to be PM for 2 years before being forced to resign.

It presumably wouldn't happen. Maudling only took bribes because he wanted to live a more expensive lifestyle than he could afford. As leader of the opposition, he presumably could afford such a lifestyle.

Back