• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Kimkatya's Kalamitous Kavern Kontaining Krap Kontent

I didn't mute this thread why haven't I got notifications for it in the last month
you missed all of the great posts everyone loves like this
the only reason that it is not a flavorcity is because the queen hasn't said so @guyfieri death to the monarchy

so much is happening these days so it just wants you to strip your brain of the meat diet and the russia stuff and just remember that this guy was supposed to be the right’s reputable public intellectual who Had Some Good Points. its dad bought his book.
IMG_2653.jpeg

so much is happening these days so it just wants you to strip your brain of the meat diet and the russia stuff and just remember that this guy was supposed to be the right’s reputable public intellectual who Had Some Good Points. its dad bought his book.
View attachment 81045
God knows how modern far-right political "pundits" (read: hatemongers) would've reacted to Mr. Rogers during his prime.

it is facing a personal dilemma.

it’s staring down its 20th birthday. it is absurdly early in life, hasn’t experienced the despair of the Real World, which its always thought you don’t find until you’re already a part of it, mired in its soulcrushing wastes.

it’s in uni, and it has an absurdly good ability to analyse, explain and understand material. the issue is its too damn disabled to focus, to deal with the pressures of what its given. it never was given the ability to learn a work ethic, it just worried about shit it had to do while wishing that it wouldnt wake up the next morning.

it doesn’t have the ability to executively snap its fingers and translate its love and interest of its subjects into anything meaningful or material, especially not consistently. if it was given one paper, three weeks, and someone to indefinitely talk through things with itd be fine. instead, its given 4 papers over nine weeks and an hour to talk through the subject, which is still more of a privilege afforded to neurotypical students. whenever it has to deal with uni, its frustrating. the info is in there. the interest is in there. it just can’t make it happen.

its dilemma is it thinks it should drop out for a year and try and get a retail job. not for any particular CHARACTER BUILDING reason, but rather because its particularly good at rote work and it could develop some personal skills that it was too busy trying to not hate itself in its adolescence to learn.

it’s staring down its 20th birthday. it is absurdly early in life, hasn’t experienced the despair of the Real World, which its always thought you don’t find until you’re already a part of it, mired in its soulcrushing wastes.

it’s in uni, and it has an absurdly good ability to analyse, explain and understand material. the issue is its too damn disabled to focus, to deal with the pressures of what its given. it never was given the ability to learn a work ethic, it just worried about shit it had to do while wishing that it wouldnt wake up the next morning.

it doesn’t have the ability to executively snap its fingers and translate its love and interest of its subjects into anything meaningful or material, especially not consistently. if it was given one paper, three weeks, and someone to indefinitely talk through things with itd be fine. instead, its given 4 papers over nine weeks and an hour to talk through the subject, which is still more of a privilege afforded to neurotypical students. whenever it has to deal with uni, its frustrating. the info is in there. the interest is in there. it just can’t make it happen.

its dilemma is it thinks it should drop out for a year and try and get a retail job. not for any particular CHARACTER BUILDING reason, but rather because its particularly good at rote work and it could develop some personal skills that it was too busy trying to not hate itself in its adolescence to learn.
Do whatever you think it’s best.

What're your average grades? Maybe you're putting yourself under too much pressure.

I do think this could be a good idea, it develops personal skills as you said, earns you some money, keeps you occupied (as someone who was unemployed for a month, neurodivergence and lack of work don’t mix) and depending on how much time you spend at this work, you can also look for potential job schemes open for neurodivergent and disabled folks that maybe more to your speed and character (I feel like given the right support a researcher job scheme could be a good outlet for you).

Of course discuss with the Uni Support team about this of course, but if you’re not enjoying university and it’s just not working out for you, then leaving is understandable, I have had friends who have taken time off to gain money to afford university and my partner had to take a year off due to burnout, so these are things that happen. And also you can always go back or apply again in time, University should work for you, not the other away around.

I hope this isn’t too long and preachy, but yeah, those are my thoughts.

I do think this could be a good idea, it develops personal skills as you said, earns you some money, keeps you occupied (as someone who was unemployed for a month, neurodivergence and lack of work don’t mix) and depending on how much time you spend at this work, you can also look for potential job schemes open for neurodivergent and disabled folks that maybe more to your speed and character (I feel like given the right support a researcher job scheme could be a good outlet for you).

Of course discuss with the Uni Support team about this of course, but if you’re not enjoying university and it’s just not working out for you, then leaving is understandable, I have had friends who have taken time off to gain money to afford university and my partner had to take a year off due to burnout, so these are things that happen. And also you can always go back or apply again in time, University should work for you, not the other away around.

I hope this isn’t too long and preachy, but yeah, those are my thoughts.
this is all useful

Back