• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Yokai Man

1. Y

AMERICA DIVIDES: The Multi-Party US Election of 2016

Michael Gove is the Leader of the Opposition and Nate Silver is as human as usual. No reference to Fivey Fox?
  2. Y

Yokai Man’s Test Thread Thing

No not really,the Civil War gets bloodier instead and he and the IRA try to be the new Ardeti,but eventually fail. The real big impact is the members of the Dáil being arrested and mostly likely all executed by the Junta,which makes things in Norn infinitely worse and Britain spending more time...
  3. Y

Alternate History General Discussion

Basically what I thought of is Stalin getting assassinated in 1935 by Anna Orlova like he nearly did OTL and Tukhachevsky ending up as leader by default due everyone else important already being purged or sidelined and thus no one can really stop him. It doesn’t necessarily has to be him,it’s...
  4. Y

NEW RELEASES: Alternate Irelands, Australias, Americas and Englands

[THE TOP HEAD OF JASPER FFORDE]
  5. Y

Not quite,it falls after David Lloyd George is forced to resign and put in trial and then sent to jail for attempted murder of Victor Grayson as well as other numerous crimes. The Irish War/Civil War becomes bloodier after Liam Lynch and the IRA orchestrate a coup against the Dáil in 1922 (as...
  6. Y

1916-1921 David Lloyd George (Liberal leading War Government,Coalition Government) 1918 def: William Adamson [Labour],H.H.Asquith [Liberal],Éamon de Valera [Sinn Féin],John Dillon [Irish Parliamentary],Henry Page Croft [National] 1921-1926 Austen Chamberlain (Coalition Government,Conservative...
  7. Y

Alternate History General Discussion

An idea I've had for a thing which I don't know if it's plausible is Tukhachevsky as leader of URSS making a deal with Poland in a no WW2 world over dividing the Baltics-the Soviets get Estonia,the Poles Lithuania and Latvia is divided equally between them. I know it doesn't really have legs...
  8. Y

But of course,long live the Sniper King

But of course,long live the Sniper King
  9. Y

How many seats are there in the new system btw?
  10. Y

Alison Lundergan Grimes being here feels oddly random. Never really heard of her before. Great stuff,though I’m surprised you didn’t make another The Wire reference and say that O’Malley is guilty of Tommy Carcetti’s crimes,given that David Simon created the character just as a big fuck you to...
  11. Y

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

This does work a little but it also sorta fails,since Bob Dole wasn’t dull,he was perpetually angry and resentful at the world for being cripped during WW2 and often his politics were influenced by pure pettiness. Same with others: Mikey D is a man of people who uses the subway like Jimmy...
  12. Y

Hoover's Forever War 1929-1937 Herbert Hoover/Charles Curtis (Republican) 1928 def: Al Smith/Joseph T Robinson (Democratic) 1932 def: Newton D Baker/James Hamilton Lewis (Democratic) 1937-1945 Al Smith/Cordell Hull (Democratic) 1936 def: Charles Curtis/James W Wadsworth Jr (Republican),Phillip...
  13. Y

Review: The Gamekeeper's Night Dog

This is genuinely the sort of AH novel I’d expect from Romanian AH writers.
  14. Y

OHHH,I like the hints of UKIP being more successful and David Miliband running Labour/possibly being PM,though Evans actually being allowed to run/win the UKIP Leadership race is a bit of stretch even in an ASB scenario. After Farage left,it didn’t matter who ran the party because UKIP...