• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Wolfram

1. W

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

If I understand it correctly, the idea is "this is what @Blackentheborg would do if his mind were ISOTed into Al Gore's body sometime in 1999".
  2. W

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

Dr. Needleman is the name of a doctor in a children's cartoon, not real life. I get the sense that this isn't what you were envisioning, but up until the wikibox I just assumed Gore had been ISOTed back into his past self and just sort of decided "right, fuck all this". Either way, the Gores'...
  3. W

Callan's Graphics and Things

😶
  4. W

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Presidents of the United States (inspired by @Vidal) 1977-1981: Jimmy Carter (Democratic) '76 (with Walter Mondale) def. Gerald R. Ford (Republican) [1] 1981-1982: Gerald R. Ford (Republican) [2] '80 (with Buddy Cianci) def. Jimmy Carter (Democratic) 1982-1983: Buddy Cianci (Republican) [3]...
  5. W

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

[INBOX] [TXED-SERU-GOVT-NA_COMP_WEEKLY] 2021-07-19 9h00 TX-ST Every week, one of the professors of North American Comparative Politics gets to submit a paper, presentation, or other document of work produced by one of their students to be read by the audience of this newsletter. This week...
  6. W

I definitely think that's right.
  7. W

I don't think his political journey is all that weird within the context of El Paso politics, which like San Antonio has been dominated by clientelist politicians, in this era mostly but not exclusively Anglos, winning on the basis of Anglo business establishment money and Hispanic voters who...
  8. W

“Inevitable Cities” of the West Coast?

If Los Angeles doesn’t get the Owens Valley water it got OTL, that’s also going to be a pretty substantial constraint on growth.
  9. W

Alternate Wikibox Thread

:-) One of my favorite things about the guy is that, despite the fact that he used the office of the Comptroller in general and his responsibility to make economic forecasts in specific for his own political purposes and ambitions, because of both his modernization of the office from its...
  10. W

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Very happy about the Bob Bullock representation.
  11. W

I feel like “Mortimer” was incredibly old-fashioned even then.
  12. W

This sure is something.
  13. W

2001-2005: George W. Bush (Republican-Texas) '00 (with Dick Cheney) def. Al Gore (Democratic-Tennessee) 2005-2009: John Kitzhaber (Democratic-Oregon) '04 (with Ann Richards) def. George W. Bush (Republican-Texas) 2009-2013: George W. Bush (Republican-Texas) '08 (with Michael Steele) def. John...
  14. W

The SLP Flag Thread

I like the C on the Californian flag - it reminds me of OTL Colorado in theory but with a very different feel to it.
  15. W

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

"...Many followers of Vesperian politics (including, in last month's issue of this periodical, my colleague George Narsingh) have pointed to last year's election results as a sign that the 'Laurentian Consensus' is on its last legs: that the Liberal Party and the so-called 'Red Tories' are...