• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Wendell

1. W

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

The Florida Parishes constitute a historical region in the Kingdom of Louisiana spanning from the northern shore of Lake Pontchartrain in the west to Mobile Bay in the east reaching as far north as 31 degrees north latitude. Bordering the Florida Parishes to the north is the Republic of Georgia...
  2. W

"G&H - Et si?" : Louis XIV won the Battle of Blenheim? - Sealion's take

The one reason Spain would be interested in Greater Louisiana and at least everything theoretically French south of the Ohio River is that it would make the Gulf a Spanish lake, providing a theoretical overland connection between Florida and (the rest of) continental New Spain.
  3. W

I understand why Spain would want Louisiana, but I don't know about France parting with it, and with the generous outcome for Spain in Italy, Madrid is in no position to contest French absorption of the Southern Netherlands. Britain, on the other hand, would have a problem with that, and might...
  4. W

The Fortieth HoS List Challenge

I thought this had to be natural disasters...
  5. W

Singapore stays in Malaysia

Dayak, probably.
  6. W

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Informally. It's more that the cross-endorsements of the Bryan era catch on. I also think paradoxically the parties and factions are not as narrow as one might expect.
  7. W

I am open to that.
  8. W

Something I was considering for this until deciding that the Titanic (not) sinking on its maiden voyage fails to qualify as a natural disaster (prevented). Presidents of the United States in the Twentieth Century: 25. William McKinley (Republican) 1897-1901[1] def 1896: William Jennings Bryan...
  9. W

CanadianTory's Test Thread

It's interesting that, like Obama in OTL, Powell unusually wins reelection with fewer electoral votes than in his initial victory.
  10. W

Prince of Piedmont was an existing title. Its ruler, the Duke of Savoy, proclaiming himself a king would not fly, unless it was a usage like the Margrave of Brandenburg's was for a time: king in rather than king of. As far as Austria goes, I don't see king flying there, but perhaps an Electorate...
  11. W

WI: the MEK leads the Iranian Revolution instead of Khomeini

Perhaps, but I was thinking that they might prefer the Popular Front.
  12. W

WI: the MEK leads the Iranian Revolution instead of Khomeini

It could go any number of ways with the MEK in power. I'm not sure where they stood on Israel and Palestine, but I could see the new regime emphasizing ideology over religiosity per se in its chosen faction(s) to support.
  13. W

AH Cooperative Lists Thread

List of Governors of New York, 1907- Present (2039) 36. Charles Evans Hughes (1907-1910) Republican [Resigned after being confirmed as Justice on the Supreme Court] 37. James W. Wadsworth Jr. (1910-1917) Republican 38. Robert F. Wagner (1917 - 1921) Democratic 39. Franklin Roosevelt (1921-1924)...
  14. W

The Fortieth HoS List Challenge

Primary Tremors Kenneth Thomas Cuccinelli II (born July 30, 1968) is an American lawyer from Virginia who has served as United States Attorney General under President Donald Trump since the resignation of Jeff Sessions in 2018. A controversial figure, Cuccinelli's tenure at the Justice...
  15. W

Things that look like alternate history but aren't

This was true in his first unsuccessful campaign for governor as well. As a judge, Wallace was unusually respectful of Black attorneys who argued before him, and that helped secure him the endorsement of the NAACP in his very first run for governor.
Back