• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by SpanishSpy

1. S

Alternate History General Discussion

2. S

3. S

The Borders of Genre: The Glorification of Fascism Within Alternate History

I have several thoughts - this comment is probably unformed but this prompted several things in my head at once. Firstly: I think there's an inherent tension between AH as entertainment and AH as a reflection of historical truth. What make things readable and what make things true are often two...
  4. S

Panel Discussion: What is Plausibility?

Nothing public-facing, no - I try to stay off that site for my sanity.
  5. S

6. S

May this be restricted to this forum? It's still a booming form elsewhere, on AH.com or the AH wikia.
  7. S

Here is the fundraiser for Flint's memorial service expenses - I've chipped in some.
  8. S

The genre would have not been the same without him. May he rest in peace.
  9. S

All the history books I had when going through the Virginia public school system had personal accounts to make history feel more real. Here's a good twitter thread on the subject specifically in regards to the Holocaust: As Liam said in a good comment on Simon Schama: What a good personal...
  10. S

What @SenatorChickpea and @Kimkatya have said - both insightful comments - got me thinking, and I have some scattered thoughts. If I could make newbies to AH read anything, I'd give them this piece by rvbomally on the Alternate History Weekly Update. It's a piercing piece about how so many AH...
  11. S

Least favorite alt-history story?

If it were just bad writing I'd cut him some slack. It's the racism that obliterated any sympathy I may have had for him.
  12. S

Least favorite alt-history story?

https://neverwasmag.com/2022/07/the-republic-of-virginia/ Here's a rather abysmal work of AH I got as a review copy. The author is going to be mad at me but frankly he deserves it.
  13. S

14. S

Non-SLP Writing Opportunities

https://www.facebook.com/groups/openspeculativemarkets This is a group I'm in with new opportunities regularly submitted.
  15. S

Allo Americana

I’d like that very much.