• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Simreeve

1. S

Viable Spanish Florida

Well, they could try steering the land-hungry Anglo-Americans there anyway, to mess with France... :D
  2. S

Viable Spanish Florida

Okay, that works as well.. or even better. A Seven Years War without Spanish participation, and thus probably without a Spanish presence at the peace conference, presumably would see 'Louisiana' either left to France or -- more probably, I think -- taken by Britain, and Britain could have...
  3. S

Viable Spanish Florida

That's why I said "too": No Seven Years War and no AWI.
  4. S

If not Leopold, who'd have the Congo?

Okay, I sit corrected.
  5. S

If not Leopold, who'd have the Congo?

Maybe nobody, because apparently Leopold claiming it was what prompted the 'Scramble for Africa' and Congress of Berlin. if he'd left it alone then possibly no European power would have bothered seizing -- rather than just trading with -- anywhere in Africa much further inland than their...
  6. S

Polynesian Galápagos and Juan Fernández

There was an article (in New Scientist?), a few years ago, which said that there was evidence for chickens being kept by the Pre-Columbian natives in part of Chile, and that the chickens kept in that same area today are genetically closer to Polynesian ones than to European ones. That might have...
  7. S

Viable Spanish Florida

It probably helps if the AWI never happens, too: In that case Britain might do more to keep Anglo-American settlers from migrating into the area than the USA did IOTL, if asked politely. Of course Britain would then seize the colony if the TL goes on to include a version of the Napoleonic Wars...
  8. S

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

I like this, but wouldn't the restored Stuarts have counted their "Kings in exile" for the numbering as well to make the ones here [at least] 'Charles IV' and 'James IV'?? _________________________________________________________________ From a TL that I started many years ago over on...
  9. S

Most plausible alternate Axis powers?

Paraguay's dictator declares for the Axis, knowing that he's fairly safe from [direct] US intervention and hoping to pick something at the peace treaty after Germany wins. Possibly nothing else happens about this until Brazil joins the Allies, but maybe it pushes them into doing so earlier than...
Back