• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Roberto El Rey

1. R

Al Grito de Guerra

I’m happy that came through! I let some family members read an earlier version of the manuscript, and they said that it wasn’t clear enough who exactly was behind some of said dirty deeds.
  2. R

EBOOK RELEASE: Al Grito De Guerra

It’s surreal to see my name in print like this. I can’t adequately express my thanks to @Meadow and the rest of Sea Lion Press for making my dream come true of becoming a published author! @Lord Roem did an incredible job with the cover art, it looks pretty much exactly the way I envisioned it...
  3. R

Political and cultural figures who could've had lives/careers in different countries

I believe @Wolfram had U.S. President Papandreou in a TLIAW on the other place a few years back.
  4. R

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Love this so much, especially since ITTL Obama would be my Congressman.
  5. R

Stephen King's "11/22/63"

I read it seven years ago or so. It was pretty engaging as a novel (if very long), but the AH stuff was constrained to a few pages at the end and was pretty shoddy by our standards. Still enjoyed it for what it was, King's a good writer.
  6. R

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

I remember that conversation (funnily enough, I actually don’t remember participating in it to the extent that anyone would remember my involvement). Still, I remember thinking Byrnes was an inspired choice compared to Eastland.
  7. R

History Style versus First Person Story

Fight and Be Right is written that way for the most part, IIRC.
  8. R

NXIVM-Layers within Layers

Back when I was an edgy 15 year old I kept asking my dad for money so I could buy a membership with the Knife website I am an idiot
  9. R

Extremely late to this party but who is this supposed to be @Turquoise Blue? Love the other ideas by the way!
  10. R

So in this universe, it has been 32 years since there was a presidential election in which no Roosevelt ran, bar one. Kinda like how from 1928—2016, no Republican ticket won the White House without either having Nixon or a Bush somewhere on the ticket.
  11. R

'England Expects': Immersive show For King & Country gets an online prequel

Sad to say I can't do either of those days, so I'll be missing your sure-to-be-marvelous performance. Instead I'll be at the later show on Tuesday the 25th!
  12. R

Great! I was thinking Tuesday the 25th if that works for you guys?
  13. R

Not exactly the thread for this, I know, but is there anyone who wants to sign up for Jury Duty in a group who hasn't done it yet?
  14. R

I couldn't do the 6th (work sucks) but I'll be aboard the Warspite on August 15th!
  15. R

the zaffre zone: title cards, joaos, and other oddities

I love, love, love that Carter. Although I am curious as to why Jackie Kennedy is an unknown if he later served as President for two terms. Also, what happened during Reagan's first term?
Back