• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Ogrebear

1. O

The Munich War and Afterwards

I could see a federal India happening here with the Princey States, 'Pakistan', Punjab, etc as compoent parts under a Govenor/PM situation with a National Parliament, but heavy amounts of self-rule for the various Regions. Civil War can be avoided I think, esp since without the continental war...
  2. O

Churchill or someone in his government should make it clear to India that Dominion status will be theirs at the end of the war in a Federal India system- it’s the only way to prevent a revolt and keep India inside the British Commonwealth and supplying the Home Country with cash. Churchill...
  3. O

Well the expected war in the Pacific has started. Churchill gets his moment, but will he be remembered as well ITL without the Battle of Britain and D-Day? I wonder how easy it would be to sink a few American ships with UK subs and bring the US in? Maybe a few sneak torpedoes into Pearl...
  4. O

Interesting world you have put together here. Lots of butterflies from a short 1938 war. China: I can see sane heads in Japan wanting to pause and consolidate their gains, even come to some sort of deal, maybe brokered by Britain or even the USA. The insane option is to attack American...
  5. O

Scenes We'd Like To See: Alternate Movies, Television & Other Pop Culture Miscellanea

I just read this article at Sealion and it got be wondering: https://www.sealionpress.co.uk/post/popular-culture-without-star-wars Without Star Wars existing could Superman in 1978 have sparked a late 70's superhero movie wave? It was the second highest grossing movie of 1978 at $300.5m OTL...
  6. O

Ramifications of an Allied Victory in a 1938 War?

Very interesting idea - would love to read a full timeline on it. I can see Poland getting invovled in the War alongside Britain, France, Czechoslovakia, and anyone else with an anti-German grunge - Denmark? Netherlands? Wonder how much the German bombing would have hit in Britain and France...
  7. O

Westminster with Proportional Representation. Part 1.

The UK with PR in the post WW1 years? Wow... that would change a lot. Would the Liberal Party die off like it did? Would Labour be able to get the electoral traction to form a majority? Later, if she was still around due to butterflies would Thatcher have survived the 83 election given her...
  8. O

Comic Corner: Captain Britain (Moore/Davis)

Davis is at the Bristol Expo this weekend (7 Oct) along with Liam Sharp and Simon Furman, a real Who Who of Marvel UK. https://comicexpobristol.my-online.store/
  9. O

Comic Corner: Captain Britain (Moore/Davis)

Ah, Cap Britain- Moore and particularly Davis at their best. I read it in collected edition just as Excalibur started. Such a good read. Marvel UK at its prime was superb, so many good books and their own corner of their Marvel U to play in.
  10. O

Review: Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

I have this game, but all I find myself doing is wandering the Titanic rather than playing it.
  11. O

Titanic Alternatives

So What If Titanic had hit the berg on the Port side instead of the starboard side? Or if the order had been 'hard a' port' ? Impact question- Titanic only opens 5 compartments - boiler room 5 is untouched in this case: Is the sinking still invertible? How much extra time does a 5...
  12. O

Titanic Alternatives

Question: If the orders had been: Hard a starboard Port propeller full ahead Starboard propeller full astern Would the ship have swung enough to clear the iceberg or opened less compartments? If not what sort of orders might have opened less compartments or missed the iceberg completely...
  13. O

Prequel Problems: Star Trek and the Sixties Aesthetic

Nice article, enjoyed reading that a lot. The one era I think you will never see on screen again will the TMP uniform era. TOS/Movies/TNG+ yup, TMP? Nope! Thing about Discovery, it is either a reboot or set it its own universe, its the only way to reconcile its tech and aesthetic with TOS...
  14. O

Titanic Alternatives

I wrote an outline for a timeline where the Bismark when down in on her maiden voyage in a storm instead taking the Kraiser with it. Since Titanic has not happened, there was nowhere near enough lifeboats.
  15. O

Titanic Alternatives

Titanic is a huge hotbed of What If's as so many alt branches are packed into one event, there are so, so many! In no particular order the What Ifs I'd like to resolve the most: 1. Californian's radio operator Cyril Evans, like Stanley Adams on Mesaba adding the Prefix to their messages that...
Back