• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by monroe

1. M

Civil War, the movie

I'm waiting for a friend to get back to me on if the film is worth watching (this is not a solicitation for people to comment telling me either way, my trusted friend is my barometer) but from what I gathered the film is an indictment of combat reporters in a lot of modern combat zones who only...
  2. M

What if Diem loses the Battle of Saigon - 1955

is this an existentialism joke or serious because we're talking about a major French intellectual of the (rabidly) anti-Soviet left who died some 8 years out of a near revolution in France
  3. M

Queen Victoria dies in 1835

I imagine any serious attempts to bock the Duke of Cumberland - a violent incestuous rapist and ultra-conservative - from becoming the King of GB, it'd be through legitimising George FitzClarence. Granted, this probably still leads to Hanover breaking off, given that by 1838 they were on that...
  4. M

Alternate Wikibox Thread

martin martin martin
  5. M

Kindle rankings

Big excit rn
  6. M

Kindle rankings

pretty hype rn
  7. M

PM's Election Maps And Stuff Thread

Mazda did, iirc
  8. M

Alternate History General Discussion

The problem here is that at the time, the Allies were waging war against the Bolsheviks, and Lenin would- quite rightly!- be distrustful of an offer to go to the Peace Conference as in his mind he had already signed a peace treaty, and the Western Allies would have shot him or Trotsky first...
  9. M

Kolchak had a full Council of Ministers as the White Government, and his Foreign Ministers at the time of the Paris Peace Conference were Ivan Sukin (until December 1919) and then Sergey Tretyakov (until the collapse of the government in January 1920). Denikin's Supreme Council in southern...
  10. M

The Road to a New Alternate History. Part 1.

Looking forward to the rest of the series ^-^
  11. M

ChatGPT and creating alternate history

Alternate history is a genre, fanfiction is a narrative form
  12. M

I believe a great many people don't want to engage with the ethics of their writings/the writing they consume within genre space and get very riled up and overly defensive when you pose even an obvious critique that treats that genre seriously, viewing it as a personal insult for whatever reason...
  13. M

I would refer you to the aforementioned articles because I 100% cannot agree with the notion that "merely imagining a different outcome [does not] imply endorsement", as if imagining the triumph of fascism is some innately apolitical action - the starting point for any Axis Victory is the...
  14. M

I wrote two fairly contentious articles on this very topic and I keep drawing a circle on the same issue as for when it comes to a third: you have to concede there was something fundamentally workable about these gangster regimes, these death cults, to let them win and keep together longer than...
Back