• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Lord Caedus

1. L

Alternate History General Discussion

I suppose it shouldn't be that surprising that Soviet attempts to create an Internet were a complete uncoordinated shitshow, considering this was the country that had to use satellites to look at Uzbek cotton fields because the entire political leadership there was defrauding the central bank...
  2. L

The Caedite Infobox and Graphics Thread
    Threadmarks: TL-191: George Armstrong Custer

I just realized that FaceApp and other programs that could have profound implications in a post-truth era fun image editing tools could allow me to generate a more appropriate picture for everyone's favorite TL-191 character whose death we presupposed didn't occur at Little Bighorn. George...
  3. L

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Huh. Can't say I expected to see my state senator show up in the list thread, much less as a president.
  4. L

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

Governors don't appoint electors. State parties chose slates of electors, usually at a party convention, and state law determines which slate (or combinations thereof) become the state's electors after the presidential election results are certified. That's why Trump had to try the whole "fake...
  5. L

Hilary in 2016: how does COVID go?

Indeed, a good thing to remember is that in 2016, a supermajority of Republican primary voters voted for candidates (Trump and Cruz) who not only denied that humans had contributed to climate change, but that climate change was even happening. This is a party that for decades has fostered a...
  6. L

To add to this, the timing likely would not be politically advantageous to calling such a convention even if the GOP were disciplined enough to do it and adhere strictly to a balanced budget amendment (which, frankly, is pretty unlikely given this is the same party that did remarkably little...
  7. L

Clinton would probably lose in 2020, even if she handled COVID well or even mildly competently. By TTL 2020, Democrats will have held the White House for three terms and Clinton probably would have been facing unrelenting GOP opposition that would have made her legislative agenda effectively...
  8. L

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Jerry Springer wasn't eligible for the presidency- he was born to German Jewish refugees in London during WW2, and his family moved to the US when he was a small child.
  9. L

Threadmarks: Maggie Four?

Maggie Four? Was curious about what an attempted fourth Thatcher run would have looked like. In my research, I found that she was apparently planning to call a general election in June 1991. So, let's say she somehow stays on and gets her wish *here*. Can't say I was expecting this result...
  10. L

Threadmarks: Maxing Out At "Morning in America"

Maxing Out At "Morning in America" Inspired by this graphic @Indicus posted on Discord. Basically, WI the GOP hit its popular vote limit with Reagan's re-election? ---------------------------------------------- The 2020 United States presidential election was the 59th quadrennial...
  11. L

Threadmarks: 2022 UK general election

Remembered this and now I can do a sequel since Chuck's mom died. I used the poll for the date (25 working days after the week of mourning) with the largest sample size (Excel file here) and the Electoral Calculus calculator to get the results (although I overrode the results in East Devon...
  12. L

Good for you.
  13. L

Yeah, that would probably end up being the case if Wallace gets dumped in 1948. Truman could plausibly lose re-election in 1946 if he remains in the Senate- his replacement lost the OTL race by about five percentage-points IOTL & I'd imagine the domestic situation wouldn't be much different...
  14. L

Marshall was a decidedly *waves hands* pick, but I chose him more because he was universally acclaimed as a great pick IOTL when Truman announced his nomination and is someone who would have easily accepted serving under an embattled president (like he did Truman IOTL). Would Wallace do...
  15. L

Threadmarks: Wallace Cabinet (Wallace succeeds FDR)

>Be me >Decide to check out making a Wallace cabinet box >Begin researching >Find the two men he specifically said he would have named to the Cabinet >whattheactualfuck.png >Got to do it now >Formulate Cabinet >Begin write-up >Remember comments the last time I made a box about him >Don't feel...
Back