• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Lilitou

1. L

Lilitou's Liminal Letterbox

as cross-posted to the 38th list challenge ---- A Bridge Too Far Career of John Prescott Born 1938, Died 2001 1954-1955: Volunteer at the Welsh National Guard 1955-1957: Seaman at the Commonwealth Navy 1957-1958: Petty Officer at the Commonwealth Navy 1958-1962: Midshipman at the...
  2. L

The Thirty-Eighth HoS List Challenge Thread

A Bridge Too Far Career of John Prescott Born 1938, Died 2001 1954-1955: Volunteer at the Welsh National Guard 1955-1957: Seaman at the Commonwealth Navy 1957-1958: Petty Officer at the Commonwealth Navy 1958-1962: Midshipman at the Commonwealth Navy 1962-1965: Student at the Hull Technical...
  3. L

Things that look like alternate history but aren't

"The Non-Aligned League was a geopolitical bloc, centred on the Americas, which brought together a wide range of sovereign states and overseas dominions concerned about the rising Phoney War between the Heavenly Kingdom and the Dar al-Islam [...]"
  4. L

friends fear she is conducting research for new projects https://theconversation.com/challenging-the-whiteness-of-classics-remembering-the-black-romans-175180
  5. L

WI: Yuri Andropov lived 4 years longer?

I left it unsaid, but in essence, not how it happened OTL. There's an initial attempt, but when that fails he washes his hands of the mess. This does hurt the USSR's reputation on the world stage in the short term, but is better than the far more damaging slow drain that a continued intervention...
  6. L

WI: Yuri Andropov lived 4 years longer?

So, I went for this vibe in IVC, although the POD is Brezhnev dying a decade earlier and Andropov's reign being extended due to that, rather than Andropov living longer. Here, Andropov embarks on a programme of reform, largely to tackle political and economic stagnation. I'd hesitate to compare...
  7. L

Kowloonderry of course
  8. L

A MODEST PROPOSAL FOR AN HARMONIOUS HOMELAND FOR THE THREE NATIONS OF IRELAND Southern Ireland (Catholic) Central Ireland (Protestant) Northern Ireland (Buddhist) Free City of Dublin (Non-Sectarian)
  9. L

The Thirty-Sixth HoS List Challenge

Second As Farce 2019-2022: Boris Johnson (Conservatives) 2019 (Majority) def: Jeremy Corbyn (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (SNP), Jo Swinson (Liberal Democrats), Adam Price (Plaid Cymru), Jonathan Bartley & Siân Berry (Greens) 2022-2022: Liz Truss (Conservatives) 2022-2024: Rishi Sunak...
  10. L

2008-2016: Alex Ferguson (Labour) 2008 (Majority) def: tbd (Conservatives) 2011 Libya vote: Yes 2012 (Majority) def: tbd (Conservatives) 2016-2020: Alan Sugar (Conservatives) 2016 (Minority) def: Carol Vorderman (Labour) 2020-prsnt: Martin Lewis (Labour) 2016 (Minority) def: Alan Sugar...
  11. L

A prosperous East Anglia?

Well, to be clear, textiles are much the same in that; Leeds' textiles went to Liverpool not to Hull.
  12. L

I think it is worth noting in this case, the coal and iron in the West Riding was exported primarily not through easier to access North Sea-adjacent Hull, but through Atlantic-adjacent Liverpool; with specific canals built for that!
  13. L

The problem with East Anglia is the East Anglians harharhar Just based on some quick musings: I think most of this is tied to Norwich specifically for what it's worth. I'm sure you could butterfly the Reformation or have it gain a more prominent role in the Hansa and remain prosperous from...
  14. L

It was too good of a punchline not to include! The Labour and Tory leader are both firm supporters of trans rights. Unfortunately, in many other important areas, they have capital-I Issues.
  15. L

musing as a potential entry to the HoS challenge ---- 2019-2022: Boris Johnson (Conservatives) 2019 (Majority) def: Jeremy Corbyn (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (SNP), Jo Swinson (Liberal Democrats), Adam Price (Plaid Cymru), Jonathan Bartley & Siân Berry (Greens) 2022-2022: Liz Truss...
Back