• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by lerk

1. L

Russian Ground Intervention in Syria

With what’s going on in Ukraine right now, I have begun to focus on another military intervention conducted by Russia. A successful one, and possibly the only one in its history where it didn’t use ground troops to a great extent. First things first is that you need a POD. Here I will provide...
  2. L

Atheist culture

Could a culture emerge in any part of the world which is distinctly atheist? By "emerge" I'm not really thinking of something modern but something pre-modern (before 1500 at the latest). How would the members of this ethnicity engage with their theistic neighbors? Furthermore where is it most...
  3. L

American anti-Communism if America had become Communist

We're just going with the standard approach of the Great Depression going wrong, which is how most "America becomes Communist" scenarios on here go.
  4. L

American anti-Communism if America had become Communist

Assuming a communist revolution overthrows the United States, how would American anti-Communism, both underground in the country and in the diaspora, look like?
  5. L

Alternate History General Discussion

Alternate History of "Fascists and Liberals ally against Communists in alternate World War II" is potentially very interesting but sadly most people rather go for lazy analogism without understanding the fact that there are very clear differences between fascist and communist ideology that would...
  6. L

Egypt gets Gaza at Camp David

It'll probably be better off without a blockade and war happening every couple of years. How much better off is anyone's guess but certainly better off. Real question is how this impacts the Israeli Palestinian Conflict since Gaza is the only place where any action against Israel really happens...
  7. L

Alternate History General Discussion

Could be worse - when I was 9 I made an alternate history scenario of World War I where the British do D-Day on Bremen and engage in trench warfare there. It had all the thought put into it as you would expect from a 9 year old.
  8. L

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

Both Red Britain and the Soviet Union can bond over the fact that despite being a part of the European continent they still developed their own cultures that differed from most of Continental Europe. Also the fact that the monarchy was a big part of their country, their society, and their...
  9. L

What if Napoleon escaped St Helena? Where would he go?

Man can you imagine how funny it will be if Napoleon escapes St. Helena and becomes Emperor of France for the third time. Not sure how plausible it is but it would be so funny as a TL. I can imagine the British just kill him at this point
  10. L

Probably support for the more moderate factions of the Mujahideen. There were Syria-Jordan tensions ever since Black September and I can't imagine the Jordanian king supporting the same government that tried to kill him and overthrow his family just a decade prior. Pakistan doesn't get involved...
  11. L

An Iran working to overthrow Assad, or at least an Iran that isn't allied to it, isn't the most implausible thing as IOTL Syria under Hafez al-Assad fought Hezbollah (a group allied with the IRGC since the 1980s) in Lebanon. Furthermore in the early stages of the Syrian Civil War Iran was a bit...
  12. L

It’s wrong, very much so. I’ll give a longer response in a few hours when I get back on my computer
  13. L

Alternate History as a Political Tract

Well, that was the point of the political tract, a justification of Zionism and Israel's actions during and after the war. An opponent to Zionism uses the hardships of Palestinians to support his point, so the purpose of that part was to say "Well, if Zionism is defeated Palestinians still...
  14. L

Alternate History as a Political Tract

One of the big problems of using alternate history as a political tract is that there aren't any counterfactuals that can actually be proven. All you have to do to respond to someone saying "Oh, if such and such happened, then this would be the result" is saying "But how do you know?", and they...