• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by JN1

1. J

Review: Very British Dystopias

Of course the IMF always adds preconditions. It's just the idea that the USSR would give a loan without any preconditions, that I think is implausible.
  2. J

I may be getting the novel and TV adaptation mixed up. But, I do remember that as an alternative to the IMF bailout, which comes with lots of conditions, Perkins' Foreign Secretary negotiates a loan from the 'International State Bank of Moscow', without any preconditions. Now, I would argue...
  3. J

I think that in A Very British Coup Mullin may have meant his readers to sympathise with Harry Perkins against the machinations of the Secret State. Although, the inclusion of a poem in some editions by Peregrine Worsthorne from his article When Treason Can Be Right, does make me wonder...
  4. J

Review: The Big One Series

I feel my ears burning! I do also post the story on NavWeaps if anyone is looking for it. I never saw explicit support for invading the Capitol, but I did see a lot of support for the idea that the election had been 'stolen'. I think there was a hell of a lot of cognitive dissonance. Even some...
  5. J

A Greater Britain

Just finished this and really liked it. There were a couple of minor typos that I think must have escaped during the proof-reading - e.g. Australian forces being commanded by General Thomas Blarney rather than Blamey. However this did not detract from an excellent story.
  6. J

Least favorite alt-history story?

Perhaps. However the US Target Planners could not assume that. Plus it was not until The Big One was carried out was the true horror of a full strategic strike revealed. A lot of TBO can be read as an anti-war story. Kirk Douglas saying 'to me', while Richard Harris replies 'to you'. :D
  7. J

New Naval AH Anthology coming on 15/02/19

Thank you. Much appreciated.
  8. J

The book is now officially out on Amazon. Appreciate all those who have considered buying it.
  9. J

Boom Boom Goes the Tank: A Brief History of the Technothriller

I've always thought that Red Army was a well written but implausible story. For example the WarPact advances at a rate they'd not manage if NATO was doing traffic control for them.
  10. J

It will appear on Amazon next Friday. I'll post a link when I can.
  11. J

I do now have a list of the story titles that will be in the book: Naked by Kacey Ezell Captain Bellamy’s War by Stephen J. Simmons A Safe Wartime Posting by Joelle Presby Beatty’s Folly by Philip Wohlrab Martha Coston And The Farragut Curse by Day Al-Mohamed The Blue And The Red...
  12. J

Yes, there are. If you are interested let me know and I can pass your interest on to the publishers. Theogony Books are publishing. I'll post a link to this thread when it 'goes live' on Amazon.
  13. J

For Those In Peril is the first volume of a trilogy of three military AH anthologies. It will be released on Amazon on 15th February. Why am I plugging it...Well...because one of the stories has been written by someone you may know. ;) I shall post a link closer to the time.
  14. J

2019 Britain ISOT to November 1944?

I'd want to give the Germans one chance to surrender before we went all TBO on them.
  15. J

2019 Britain ISOT to November 1944?

Perhaps I'm wrong about the Maybot and Corbyn (who is no Foot, who backed the Falklands, btw). I just don't have a lot of faith in contemporary politicians at the moment. Modern helicopters would be horribly vulnerable to the large amounts of light AAA that the Germans possessed. The UK would...
Back