• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Halton

1. H

"Hipster" Politicians Thread

Jagmeet Singh attended middle and high school in Michigan, crossing the border to attend a private school. Perhaps he goes to college in America and immigrates and eventually starts his political career in America, although it would be different because America is obviously less Punjabi and less...
  2. H

Political and cultural figures who could've had lives/careers in different countries

Additionally, Chuka Ummuna’s dad was a gubernatorial candidate in Nigeria and died in an accident when Chuka was 13.
  3. H

Political and cultural figures who could've had lives/careers in different countries

George Fernandes’s son is a New York investment banker, interestingly enough.
  4. H

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

America, June 2023. Forward - Notably, President Yang's political party which was supposed to transform the political landscape by getting working-class people of all stripes to reject the duopoly or I suppose the tripoly and embrace Yangism did well among the opposite of what Yang tried to...
  5. H

AMERICA DIVIDES: The Multi-Party US Election of 2016

I wonder what my district would be painted as if Tim Murphy is still a representative/mp in ttl, as the district was an economically depressed district filled with people who voted democratic until Clinton (when the district voted against Obama twice iirc and the area is filled with suburbs) in...
  6. H

DBWI: A social democratic party supplants the British Liberals?

Are there any other social Democratic parties other than the Australian “Democratic Labor Party”? I know Canada has a populist-agrarian party which was led by David Orchard for like 30 years until fairly recently but the party isn’t really Social Democratic.
  7. H

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Yeah he sounds good. I actually didn’t account for a Trudeau equivalent because finding politicians would be hard by 2040/2050.
  8. H

UK as Canada 1993 attempt 2022-2022 Liz Truss (Conservative) 2022-2032 Keir Starmer (Labour) 2022: Nicola Sturgeon (SNP), Richard Tice (Reform UK), Ed Davey (Liberal Democrats), Liz Truss (Conservative) 2023 Scottish Referendum: No (51.6%), Yes (48.4%) 2026: Richard Tice (Reform UK), Humza...
  9. H

Are you The Congressman or whatever his name was lol?
  10. H

Alternate Wikibox Thread

An AI generated by-election with fictional candidates (and mention of Teresa Jowell being MP for Ealing Southall): Few expected the Tories to win the Sedgefield by-election when Tony Blair announced his resignation in 2007 and if you told someone that, they would call you crazy. The Tories...
  11. H

Tony Blair (Labour) 1997-2008 2005, 400 seats: Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrats, 111 seats), Iain Duncan Smith (Conservative, 104 seats) Gordon Brown (Labour) 2008-2014 2010, 348 seats: Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrats, 192 seats), Malcolm Rifkind (Conservative, 33 seats, lost seat) Hilary...
  12. H

Alternate Wikibox Thread

I haven't made wikiboxes in a while but here is part I of "Dave's Big Majority"/"The Tory Blair" (haven't decided on a title).
  13. H

Alternate Careers thread

Post an alternate career of a person. I'll post one of Boris Johnson Boris Johnson resigned from Parliament following lockdown drinking party violation Health Secretary (2018-2021) Transport Secretary (2015-2018) Minister for London (2010-2011) Shadow Minister for London (2009-2010)...
  14. H

Lib Dem 2005 "decapitation" strategy succeeds

In OTL, the Lib Dem decapitation strategy failed massively, with many of those targeted increasing their majority. How could it have succeeded and what would have happened to the Tories had it succeeded?
  15. H

I was bored so I decided to continue this 2001 - 2004 Gerald Kaufman (Labour minority) 2001: Gerald Kaufman (Labour, 308 seats), Virginia Bottomley (Conservative, 290 seats), Simon Hughes (Democrats, 15 seats), David Bellamy (Social Democratic/Anti-European Coalition, 9 seats) 2004 - 2011...
Back