• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Gryphon

1. G

Alternate History General Discussion

Okay but let's be honest if we were to be judged on the merits of one set of books We could definitely do worse than the Mack Maloney books where he travels to an alternate timeline to fight Nazis in his F-16
  2. G

Alternate History General Discussion

'Duffle bag' is perhaps my worst instance of this (I use 'carryall bag' in most places where it or a similar term would appear, because 'duffle bag' dates back to only the early 20th century, its earliest known appearance in, of all things, an e. e. cummings poem), but the inverse is also...
  3. G

Prequel Problems: Michael Stackpole, The Continuity Strikes Back

A lot of these problems of publication order vs timeline order come from us reading them out of time, with the full benefit of retrospective hindsight- I know Thande points this out obliquely in the article, but arguably the only reason we can notice problems like this is because these novels...
  4. G

“Inevitable Cities” of the West Coast?

Any significant port, river ford, river outlet0 fertile plain, etc will usually see some type of city, as we see in OTL across basically everywhere with significant human habitation. Major cities, though, often depend on a combination of definition (probably the biggest factor tbh- what that...
  5. G

Least favorite alt-history story?

'Alt history stories you quite enjoyed except for one or two things'
  6. G

I'm not saying it's a bad thing (except sometimes it might get a little excessive when y'all hit on a bugbear like NDCR), indeed quite the opposite I wish something I wrote was someone's least favorite AH, because seeing you guys go at it the way you do in this thread would actually teach me...
  7. G

so because I just utterly despise my mental health or something, I read a significant chunk of this thread tonight and man, I'd love for someone to pick apart anything I wrote as thoroughly as you people ravage things you didn't even have to read
Back