• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Fleetlord

1. F

AH Cooperative Lists Thread

Presidents of the Confederate States: 1861-1867: Jefferson Davis / Alexander Stevens (Nonpartisan) 1867-1873: J. L. M. Curry / Lawrence O'Bryan Branch ("Dixie" Democratic) 1873-1879: Joseph E. Johnston / Alexander H. H. Stuart (Democratic-Whig) 1879-1885: Barzillai J. Chambers / William M. Lowe...
  2. F

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

So in this TL, is it Charleston or Wheeling that has a semi-deserved reputation as a Hipster Utopia?
  3. F

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

I could see Davis arguing that the first term "didn't count" because there wasn't a proper election held, but then I'm skeptical of constitutional democracy holding up in the CSA in general.
  4. F

It would be like if LBJ led the biggest expansion of the welfare state since FDR but all anyone remembers is him getting bogged down in Cold War Shit... Hmm.
  5. F

SELIG SIND DIE TOTEN - Scheubner-Richter's Reich

Footnotes are missing again?
  6. F

Ironically, I'm pretty sure all three of those people would disapprove of the modern meaning of MLM. (EDIT: By which I mean Men Loving Men, not Multi-Level Marketing though they probably wouldn't care for that either.)
  7. F

Alternate Supreme Courts Thread

Shockingly, this is the first I've learned of this. Aside from the obvious answer of "a weaker SCOTUS in general", it sounds like the only Article that came close IOTL was Article VIII, which didn't relate to any specific decision but involved Chase speaking out against Republican-passed...
  8. F

Think you accidentally posted the same summary twice.
  9. F

I'm assuming that the US by 1962 has a fixation for goatees, Roman Salutes, and gold lamé.
  10. F

What did a seemingly inoffensive Disney voice actress do to get turned into President Evil?
  11. F

Writing AH: Anachronisms

I'd put an asterisk by this example, because so much of 1990s television was full of "this plot could've been resolved in five minutes with a cell phone". While some this could be argued as making sense from an in-universe perspective (e.g. Buffy's Scooby Gang were all broke high schoolers, so...
  12. F

Least favorite alt-history story?

I remember when For All Time was a new series.
  13. F

What's Slick doing north of the border ITTL?
  14. F

In general the prevalence of New York and Pennsylvania Governors (and later Texans and Californians) makes me think it's something like "Electoral Votes are cast by Governors, the President is the Governor of the largest state with the correct party alignment". But I'm stuck on the switch from...
Back