• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Excelsior

1. E

Max's election maps and assorted others

Sort of. What they did was make image hosting temporary, so the link will expire after a time. If you then go back to Discord and find the original image after that, it will be re-hosted on a new link. I think an image link lasts 30 or 60 days, something like that.
  2. E

Meppo's Electoral Molehill

I think it's better as is.
  3. E

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Very cool! I've been working on something similar. I love the department seal as well!
  4. E

Alternate Wikibox Thread

That was a great series. I sometimes thought about doing a version of that but Gorrister knocked it out of the park the first time so I never bothered.
  5. E

Wikiboxes and infoboxes

This is also what I do. And in order to avoid any trouble, I don't save anything to Wikipedia, I only use the preview function and take screenshots from there. I generally insert graphics via inspect element and make minor adjustments in Paint.
  6. E

WI: Joe Kennedy Jr. Lives?

Massachusetts had gubernatorial elections every two years until 1966.
  7. E

WI: Joe Kennedy Jr. Lives?

I could see him winning either the governorship or the Senate seat. I know in most AH you usually see him follow Jack's path directly, winning the same Senate seat in the same year and then from there to higher positions, such as the running mate in '56, or the presidency in '56 or '60 or any...
  8. E

The Thirty-Sixth HoS List Challenge

The Future is Now Old, Man 2017-2021: Donald Trump (Republican) 2016: Donald Trump/Mike Pence (Republican) def. Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine (Democratic) 2021-2029: Bernie Sanders (Democratic) 2020: Bernie Sanders/Tammy Duckworth (Democratic) def. Donald Trump/Mike Pence (Republican) 2024: Bernie...
  9. E

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

Very cool, but Delete this. Sincerely, New York
  10. E

AndrewH's Test Thread

TIME Man of the Year, 1967-1977 1967: Patrice Lumumba 1968: Alfred Robens 1969: Kerim Kerimov 1970: Gus Grissom and Alexis Leonov 1971: Lyndon B. Johnson 1972: Lin Biao 1973: 1974: 1975: 1976: 1977:
  11. E

Indicus's maps, wikiboxes, &c thread

I love element stuff. I always wanted to write some sort of timeline via alternate element names but couldn't figure the story out.
  12. E

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

Keir's Deers (alternatively, Keir's Dears) was a term used to refer to new Labour MPs elected at the 2024 general election from historically Conservative "Blue Wall" seats. They were referred to as "deers" due to being compared to "deer in the headlights" when their victories were announced at...
  13. E

Hilary in 2016: how does COVID go?

I've always figured that a Clinton presidency in which COVID arrives on schedule is basically the ultimate nightmare scenario for the United States. It is one of the small set of terrible yet plausible circumstances that could lead to true dystopia. Republican governors (and there would be a lot...
  14. E

Alternate History General Discussion

They could have noticed him wrestle a famous actor who performed at that very theatre, and throw him off the balcony!
  15. E

The Thirty-First HoS Challenge

By Hooker By Crook 1969–1974: Richard Nixon (Republican) 1968: Richard Nixon/Spiro Agnew (Republican) def. Hubert Humphrey/Edmund Muskie (Democratic), George Wallace/Curtis LeMay (AIP) 1972: Richard Nixon/Spiro Agnew (Republican) def. George McGovern/Sargent Shriver (Democratic) 1974–1977...
Back