• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Erinthecute

1. E

Erin's Erfurt III Experience

It's there but to a lesser degree. If you go back to the previous city council election in 2014, The Left performed best in Gorbitz, Prohlis, and Leuben, all areas of DDR-era housing development. In 2019, their most pronounced losses were in those neighbourhoods and they were won by the AfD. The...
  2. E

Threadmarks OTL Cologne by voting precinct: 2022 state

And finally, party list vote results for Cologne in the recent North Rhine-Westphalia state election, by voting precinct. I don't have much to say about this since it's a lot simpler than the eastern maps, but a lot of western cities look like this lately: a three-way contest between the CDU...
  3. E

Threadmarks OTL elections: Potsdam, Rostock, Dresden

Now, some other assorted eastern cities' local elections by voting precinct. These elections took place alongside the European election and saw major surges in support for the Greens, who achieved an unprecedented level of prominence and influence in numerous cities across the country, but...
  4. E

Threadmarks OTL Berlin by voting precinct: 2017 federal, 2019 European, 2021 state

These maps are for the real Berlin Enjoyers among us who want a far too in-depth look at voting trends in the last few years. They were pretty brutal to make but worth it because this stuff is really fascinating to me. They got jpegd by Imgur because they're too large, but hopefully it's not a...
  5. E

Threadmarks 1990 Berlin state election (OTL)

I've been covering a lot of local elections for cities in Germany in the last few months. There are far too many to post here, and I don't think most of them are quite worth it anyway, but you can find them on Wikipedia if you're interested. However, last month I got into the weeds of mapping by...
  6. E

Election maps and assorted others

Don't apologise for anything! I'm excited for this.
  7. E

The Metropolitan City of the Inner West is part of the Greater Sydney Metropolitan Area, the most populous urban area in Australia. The city is governed by a Metropolitan Council of 63 members elected via single transferable vote. The government is presided over by the Lord Mayor, who is...
  8. E

Juniper's Insanity Graphics Dump: The Wisteria City Archives

stan mugunghwa
  9. E

Threadmarks The Querfront, the January coup and civil war

Shortly after his appointment as Chancellor in December 1932, Kurt von Schleicher met with Gregor Strasser and offered him a deal. Strasser was the most prominent Nazi behind Hitler, leader of the party's "left" camp and, for several years, a low-key rival. During the course of 1932, Hitler had...
  10. E

It's a distinct possibility, difficult to say though. I could see him attempting some kind of SA/SS uprising or coup which would very likely fail and result in the demise of the movement. At the same time, I could see him sticking to the electoral path in the stubborn belief that he could...
  11. E

Threadmarks 1940 German federal election

Since I gained access to so much data recently, as well as a good lot more knowledge, I decided to remake the scenario I did last year. To recap, this is an exploration of Weimar-era SPD activist Carlo Mierendorff's ideas about constitutional and electoral reform, namely instituting majority...
  12. E

Threadmarks 1919 German federal election with 1918 electoral reform

In Andreas Schulz's book How would the 1919 National Assembly elections have turned out if absolute majority voting had been retained?, he models the results of the 1919 election using the Reichstag electoral system as reformed in August 1918. The Imperial Reichstag was elected via single-member...
  13. E

Threadmarks 1919 German federal election

Thanks to my lovely girlfriend @Kanan I recently acquired a fantastic book titled How would the 1919 National Assembly elections have turned out if absolute majority voting had been retained? by Andreas Schulz (if you're interested, be aware it is in German). In it he models the scenario in...
  14. E

Thank you so much!!
  15. E

Threadmarks March 1933 German federal election

Despite the Nazis' decline, the new Reichstag did not help Papen's case. There was a broad expectation that the events of September would simply repeat, leading to yet another election. Papen suggested that the Reichstag could be dissolved, a state of emergency declared and the election...