• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Erinthecute

1. E

Alternate Wikibox Thread

POD: Mike Moore successfully challenges Helen Clark in 1996. More in my thread.
  2. E

Erin's Erfurt III Experience
    Threadmarks: 2006 New Zealand general election

3. E

Threadmarks: 1983-96 Australian federal elections

4. E

I don’t think they have any predictive value, but for what it’s worth, the swings are consistent with federal polling. And the situation certainly is a farce.
  5. E

Threadmarks: 2024 Berlin federal election rerun

The Berlin federal rerun has occurred! The results you might be seeing in different places probably aren't that useful, because the overall results - nationally or statewide - basically barely shifted and only one net seat is changing (the FDP losing one), although there will be some shift in...
  6. E

Threadmarks: 2009 federal election in the East by municipality

So the 2009 German federal election saw The Left win 11.9%, a record high and one of the best third party results in recent history. Particularly notable is the strength they exhibited in the Eastern states - excluding West Berlin, they won 28.5% of the list vote there, just barely behind the...
  7. E

As a base I used shapefiles of Brandenburg's Ortsteile, most of which were previously municipalities. It got me about 90% of the way there but I did have to filter through and merge/split where necessary. The report for the 1996 referendum included maps of the municipalities on the very last...
  8. E

Threadmarks: 1996 referendum map (detailed)

Last year I looked into the Berlin-Brandenburg fusion attempt and made a map with the limited data I had at the time. I was recently able to find much more detailed information and after painstakingly piecing together a map of the municipalities at the time (there are only about a quarter as...
  9. E

Threadmarks: The Rise and Fall of Mark Latham

Back in August I made an entry for aaa's monthly Wikibox challenge with the theme "Napoleon in Rags". I didn't post it here at the time because I intended to flesh it out a bit more, following federal politics rather than Latham's personal endeavours, but didn't get around to it, so here's the...
  10. E

german constitutional court be like "the müller family on dietrichstraße must go back to the polls because in 1987 a dog barked as herr müller walked into the polling booth and it obstructed his vote"
  11. E

Threadmarks: Partial annulment of the 2021 federal election in Berlin

So the Federal Constitutional Court just partially annulled the results of the 2021 federal election in Berlin, owing to the same irregularities which caused a full do-over of the state election in February. This was not unforeseen, as the irregularities had been subject to a long series of...
  12. E

Threadmarks: 2024 & 2028 Queensland state elections

manifesting
  13. E

The vote is more split due to the SPD's worse result, while the Greens naturally don't perform as well in the East as the West outside the big cities, so AfD was able to win most of them in the low-mid 20% range.
  14. E

Oh yeah, I've also been doing a ton of OTL German state election maps - too many to post here really, but they're all on my Commons page if you want to see. So far I've done every postwar state election for Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Brandenburg, Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia, Saxony, and...
  15. E

Threadmarks: 2021 & 2022 German federal elections (NCT)

I got into the new 2021 Germany mod for New Campaign Trail with a vengeance, and got such an interesting outcome from pursuing a Bahamas coalition (CDU-FDP-AfD) with Söder that I made a little oneshot out of it. There is a small inaccuracy in the scenario, in that there is no...
Back