• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by DG Valdron

1. D

dgvaldron@yahoo.ca If you did want to hit me up, best to use the actual email.

dgvaldron@yahoo.ca If you did want to hit me up, best to use the actual email.
  2. D

Thank you for your interest. I'm tickled that anyone would find such a demented notion...

Thank you for your interest. I'm tickled that anyone would find such a demented notion intriguing. If you'd like to take a look at the draft, hit me up sometime. There's still a few rough spots, but you might get a laugh.
  3. D

On 'Axis of Andes' and Adapting Online Alternate History for Publication

Yongary vs Pulgasari? Yeah. I wrote that. An old friend of mine, Chris Nigro, is a huge Kaiju file. I loved his stuff, and I got to be a guest contributor on his web site. Then he started up Wild Hunt Press, which is kaiju and monster themed. I've done a few articles and stories for him...
  4. D

On 'Axis of Andes' and Adapting Online Alternate History for Publication

I must say, first of all, that I'm extremely flattered. Generally, I think it's in bad taste to engage reviews and I really try not to do it. It's too easy to fall into the awkward trap of the comedian explaining why his joke is actually funny. But there are some very engaging thoughts here...
  5. D

'Axis of Andes' review

The closest I could get to that point of view was Pablo. There was just literally no frame of reference for Blandon. It's like a family of Martians moved in next door and the wife was a terrestrial African elephant. It's just insane and colossal and sweeps you up as you struggle to get through...
  6. D

'Axis of Andes' review

You got me. It slipped my mind. A well, a friend of mine, Steve Erickson, misplaced a character's gender in one of his novels. It happens.
  7. D

Review - The Bear Cavalry by D.G. Valdron

I suppose I should make a thoughtful comment. I think my inspiration for Bear Cavalry was the subject coming up on AH.com, and people saying "That's ridiculous." It felt like a challenge. The other part of it were all those "Most Awesome" posters picturing Bear Cavalry, usually with cossacks...
  8. D

Review - The Bear Cavalry by D.G. Valdron

Belatedly: Yes, I am DValdron from Alternatehistory.com. Fossil Cove Press is a registered business name, named after Fossil Cove, a nice little cove with a fifteen foot buffalo shaped rock, whose picture I use. And yeah, I bit amateurish. But hopefully I learn as I go. Anyway, wonderful...
  9. D

'Axis of Andes' review

Wow. Thank you. I will go read it!
  10. D

'Axis of Andes' review

Oh, and I should say a big thank you to Ewen Campion-Clarke from Australia, who did my covers.
  11. D

'Axis of Andes' review

Possibly. I think you may be on to something. I know in my work, it's important to lay out your process, you can't just 'voila!' a client, or opponent. Part of it though, is just that the continent is so obscure to many North Americans, that I really did feel like I had to dive deep again and...
  12. D

'Axis of Andes' review

Wow! I didn't expect this. Thank you Gary for the review. And thank you Charles, for the wonderful play by play.
Back