• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by ChrisNuttall

1. C

Alternate History General Discussion

Tell me about it. Chris
  2. C

That sounds like an interesting book - link? Chris
  3. C

Well, what are the implications? What happens next? Chris
  4. C

I found that maddening too. <grin> I suppose one could argue that history did change, although in a very small way, and you might already have butterflied yourself out of history. Chris
  5. C

You'd have to stand against a lot of entrenched opposition in France 1940. You'd have to convince the French to remove some of the dead wood, then make changes in their doctrine at what is, effectively a moment's notice. I have some thoughts on that if you're interested. Chris
  6. C

The latter, although you could have a lot of fun with the former. Chris
  7. C

With Iron and Fire

It’s been a while since I read the book, but I did have two minor quibbles. First, a more assertive China in 1912 - one capable of evicting the Germans from their Chinese holdings in 1914, as detailed in the text - is not likely to tolerate foreign encroachment any further. Issues like...
  8. C

AH: Operation Sea Lion – the unmentionable sea mammal

It's hard to say. There are real problems when transferring from one nation's ships to another. The Germans didn't have the manpower to run the French Navy even if they got it intact and their crews would have a very steep learning curve. They could probably put the smaller ships into service...
  9. C

Didn't the attack take place before Sealion could reasonably take place? Or do you mean how it is seen in post-war France?
  10. C

Hitler Poisoned in Italy, 1934

I was reading Mussolini and Hitler: The Forging of the Fascist Alliance Paperback by Christian Goeschel and it raised an interesting question. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mussolini-Hitler-Forging-Fascist-Alliance/dp/0300254733 Hitler and Mussolini met for the first time in 1934, in Italy. Hitler...
  11. C

I saw the post on the facebook page and thought ... why not? The question of precisely what would have happened if Sealion had been attempted, unsuccessfully, has been rattling around my head for a few hours. First, there are limits to how much the Germans can lose. The vast majority of their...
  12. C

Alternate Irelands collection - call for stories!

Ireland in WW2? Or Ireland during the Elizaberthen era? Chris
  13. C

Communist France and Italy post-WW2?

They would have to have had a great deal more success than OTL. It's possible the Free French wound up being led by someone less ... assertive than DeGaulle, which would have made them seem more like puppets of the UK and US (a charge that did get levelled a few times, IIRC) and the French...
  14. C

German Intervention in the Russo Japanese War

The logistics of getting a sizable force to British India would be nightmarish. Iran would be a more logical target. Chris
  15. C

Least favorite alt-history story?

Might be fun. Chris