• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Caprice

1. C

Caprice's Maps and What-Not

And voila, up to when the session ended (not counting the special session where they actually did go on to elect a guy). With no less than 132 candidates receiving votes, you can tell why I have a "scattering" row on the main tables. I think I'll have one row for Slater, one row for whichever...
  2. C

For 1885, I'm starting with the totals per ballot instead of doing the spreadsheet of votes ballot-by-ballot so I can tell what candidates were worth labeling separately. Things are going well (/s):
  3. C

PM's Election Maps And Stuff Thread

Ages ago I tried to map the Liverpool council elections but got burned out after a decade or so 'cause Wikipedia didn't have percentages and I didn't care enough to calculate them. Very good work.
  4. C

It was a requirement, pretty much; under the 1866 law regulating Senatorial elections, the state legislature was required to ballot at least once a day until a choice was made. In the deadlocked Oregon elections I've covered so far, the general procedure seems to have been to hold exactly one...
  5. C

Not everyone, but 39 out of the 90 state legislators were absent, and 11 of the remaining 51 voted present. That's still 40 people, so nobody even got 10%.
  6. C

1889 was just as ordinary: I've just started looking into 1885, though, and it's somehow even worse than 1895 - they adjourned without choice after the sixty-ninth ballot, in which the leading candidate received three votes.
  7. C

I'm genuinely surprised the 1891 election was so normal:
  8. C

It took a While, but here's 1895: One would expect the two-term incumbent Dolph, having won an overall majority in the first ballot and only not being elected because he only won a majority in the State Senate and not the State House, to have been elected in the first joint ballot, but...
  9. C

Marijn’s Map Mporium

Impressive.
  10. C

Marijn’s Map Mporium

What projection is this in?
  11. C

Well, that turned out to be a relatively short election. For some reason, the Fusionists switched out their candidate on every ballot; not sure why when they completely failed to win over any new voters.
  12. C

Next up is the 1898 election, which was held late in a special session because *checks notes* the State House disintegrated over it when it was supposed to happen in 1897. Oh, joy...
  13. C

I somehow never noticed Fulton was in the state legislature - one has to wonder what he was thinking supporting candidates who peaked at three votes total. There's a universe out there where they heed his no-hoper vote and future convicted embezzler Frank L. Dunbar becomes Senator instead...
  14. C

And behold, the votes. Really quite embarrassing for a party with over three-quarters of the legislature to take the entire session to do this.
  15. C

I'm tabling out the state legislative vote, and you can't make this up: on February 17, the Senate voted unanimously for a resolution calling for a constitutional convention with the express purpose of electing Senators by popular vote, then that very same day two-thirds of the members in...
Back