• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by 0.42@632

1. 0

Alternate History General Discussion

We need a plausible WorldGovernment timeline Kanta wey Lyenha Deshi Ansyosa Sagitaren Sau tera silsila Kausa unsa kanta Rawiye optatiwa Nahnu jiga wos bitwinmes Layiplayip kontende Ne jangja...
  2. 0

Erosion of Local Traditions and Globalization

I know, but the official colonial language was Dutch - I meant as in replacing colonizer language with the largest native language
  3. 0

Erosion of Local Traditions and Globalization

Could more countries go the Indonesian/Vietnamese route and ditch the colonizer's language entirely?
  4. 0

WW2-like division of the world

Orwell proposed that SE Asia be placed under a joint British-Dutch-American codominuim
  5. 0

India ... might but most colonies (and the Uncolonized-but-very-backwards Occupied Nations) don't Also Orwell believed nations like Burma could not become independent at all
  6. 0

Overtonized Democracy

How would a democratic system in which the Overton Window, by consensus, is officially restricted in its constitution, emerge. For example, a secularist overtonized state would explicitly bar any party which seeks to promote religious values, or has openly religious members in party from...
  7. 0

But even with fixed external borders (anthrax and barbed wire) internal politics will change (although no empire will ever fully liberalize with atomic siege and 'war authoritarianism' rampant in even the most democratic ones) and I expect a limited degree of decolonization even in the worst...
  8. 0

That's entirely possible, especially with 'walls' of Anthrax or some other biological/long-lasting chemical agent to force a stalemate
  9. 0

It seems that 1984's huge superstates were inspired by the empires/occupation zones of the various powers during WW2 and how fast they expanded: Is it plausible to get a 1984-like scenario where New Imperialism occurs and a WW2-scale conflict later occurs but both sides stalemate with most of...
  10. 0

Least favorite alt-history story?

Radical ecologist/deepgreen regimes appear in right wing anti-environmentalist screeds but I haven't seen much about a Deep Green/post-AGW Eco-Authoritarian state
  11. 0

American revolution fails??

What happens to British India or British Relations with China?
  12. 0

Alternate History General Discussion

There needs to be a TL about a plausible path to democratic China/Russia
  13. 0

Multipolarity and Nuclear War

Fig. 1: Map of 30 largest countries by size Fig. 2: Countries which have (red and gray) or were seeking nuclear weapons (dark blue, green, orange) I'm more interestered in the aftermath of such a war, preferably a European nuclear slugout between UK, France, (not nazi) Germany, Italy and Russia
  14. 0

More Tolerance of Creole Languages

Or something like Basic English which is meant to 'simplify' the language goes the full way (pronounciation, grammar, loans from major languages and Scientific Latin) so you get Besik Ingilish sentences like Kwiki braun wulpa salta oba lanlan doga [kwɪki brawn wʊ lpə sæltə owbə lænlæn dowgə]. so...
  15. 0

More Tolerance of Creole Languages

Supplanting them may be impossible, but some sort of defacto equilibrium (certainly not dejure) as with Singlish isn't
Back