• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Kimkatya's Kalamitous Kavern Kontaining Krap Kontent

If democracy is so good why isn't there a
Democracy II is probably my favourite new party name here
Euan Blair in 2016 is genuinely a thing of horror.
at ingsoc
Sceptical about Rahman moving into national-level politics and abandoning his very healthy party machine in Tower Hamlets, but it does add to the tone a lot.
That's probably my fault. I just didn't want to use Galloway.

You know what? Fuck it. Let's see if something that's not just names and parties will work:

Just for my own sake, please don't go all seventh party system on my ass.
Please list it like so: Jim Winner vs. Geoffrey Loser vs. John Thirdparty [if they are relevant] (Pennsylvania, 19XX)

THE FIVE MOST INTENSE SENATE RACES OF THE 20TH CENTURY
from the Nate's Politics E-Mail Newsletter

3. Gore Vidal vs. William F. Buckley (New York, 1970)
4. Ernie Chambers vs. Ronald Staskiewicz (Nebraska, 1992)
5. Wayne Cryts vs. John Ashcroft (Missouri, 1994)
This one is delightfully obscure. Keep in mind, we got the entire 20th century, so I hope to see some republican victories and earlier for the next two

1. Wendell Willkie vs Joe McWilliams (New York, 1940)

Michael Heseltine Winning The 1990 Conservative Leadership election
I have pondered this many times, Hezza seems like the best person to have to cause a hung parliament in 1991/92 and likely lead to a Lab-Lib Dem coalition and or Confidence and supply deal.

1. Wendell Willkie vs Joe McWilliams (New York, 1940)
2. Joseph H. Ball vs Elmer A. Benson (Minnesota, 1948)

I have pondered this many times, Hezza seems like the best person to have to cause a hung parliament in 1991/92 and likely lead to a Lab-Lib Dem coalition and or Confidence and supply deal.
The only real way I can see Hezza become PM is if John Major doesn’t get the amount of votes he wanted in the 1995 leadership race and resigns,leading to him defeating Portillo but doing fuck all in the remaining time he and the Conservatives have left in power beyond preparing for defeat in ‘96/‘97.

The only real way I can see Hezza become PM is if John Major doesn’t get the amount of votes he wanted in the 1995 leadership race and resigns,leading to him defeating Portillo but doing fuck all in the remaining time he and the Conservatives have left in power beyond preparing for defeat in ‘96/‘97.
I think it’s possible to have Major’s raise being paused by his affair with Currie getting loose earlier than expected. That would likely be the best chance for Hezza to become Tory leader but maybe there’s a ‘Middle of the Road’ candidate that could have taken charge in Major’s steed (probably John Wakeham or maybe Chris Patten gets prompted to take charge).

I think it’s possible to have Major’s raise being paused by his affair with Currie getting loose earlier than expected. That would likely be the best chance for Hezza to become Tory leader but maybe there’s a ‘Middle of the Road’ candidate that could have taken charge in Major’s steed (probably John Wakeham or maybe Chris Patten gets prompted to take charge).
Personally I believe that in that scenario Kenneth Baker becomes the new PM.

Personally I believe that in that scenario Kenneth Baker becomes the new PM.
And it’s a Labour Majority of 3 that we’re seeing tonight. (I don’t think Baker would be terrible per say but I doubt he would be able to appeal in the same way that Major could).
Looks like a New Deal Coalition Prevented world.
Accept not wacky and shit.

Back