• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Nothing but Schadenfreude: A Test Thread

1945 - 1953: Governor Thomas E. Dewey (Republican)
1944 (with John W. Bricker) def. Pres. Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic)
1948 (with John W. Bricker) def. Justice William O. Douglas (Democratic) [Replacing Franklin D. Roosevelt], unpledged electors

1945 - 1953: Governor Thomas E. Dewey (Republican)
1944 (with John W. Bricker) def. Pres. Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic)
1948 (with John W. Bricker) def. Justice William O. Douglas (Democratic) [Replacing Franklin D. Roosevelt], unpledged electors

i like this idea because dewey is a fascinating historical figure to me, but the only way i could ever see this happening is like if FDR entirely screwed the pouch on the new deal and WW2 and then shit out of his doodoo ass during a fire side chat. i would love to hear any ideas you have about this TL, even if they're only basic concepts

i like this idea because dewey is a fascinating historical figure to me, but the only way i could ever see this happening is like if FDR entirely screwed the pouch on the new deal and WW2 and then shit out of his doodoo ass during a fire side chat. i would love to hear any ideas you have about this TL, even if they're only basic concepts
I don't think it has to be that disastrous. You just need a 2.5% swing overall, but he does need something to go a little worse than IOTL. Maybe a couple of lost battles or something, delaying the war slightly

1969 - 1974: Fmr. Vice President Richard Nixon (Republican)
1968 (with Spiro Agnew) def. Vice President Hubert Humphrey (Democratic), Governor George Wallace (American Independent)
1972 (with Spiro Agnew) def. Senator Edmund Muskie (Democratic), John Hospers Faithless elector
1975 - 1977: Vice President Gerald Ford (Republican)

1977 - 1981: Senator George McGovern (Democratic)
1976 (with Moon Landrieu) def. Fmr. Governor Ronald Reagan (Republican)

1981 - 1989: Fmr. President Gerald Ford (Republican)
1980 (with Bob Dole) def. President George McGovern (Democratic)
1984 (with Bob Dole) def. Fmr. Vice President Moon Landrieu (Democratic)

1989 - 1993: Fmr. President George McGovern (Democratic)
1988 (with Bess Myerson) def. Senator Barry Goldwater Jr. (Republican), Rep. Jim Traficant (Populist)

1993 - 1997: Fmr. Senator Howard Baker (Republican)
1992 (with Elizabeth Dole) def. Governor Mario Cuomo (Democratic)

1997 - present: Fmr. Vice President Bess Myerson (Democratic)
1996 (with Hamilton Jordon) def. President Howard Baker (Republican), Governor John Silber (Independent)

No more Republicans

1949 - 1953: General George C. Marshall (Democratic)
1948 (with Harry Truman) def. Governor Thomas E. Dewey (Republican), unpledged electors

1953 - 1957: Fmr. President Harry Truman (Democratic)
1952 (with John Sparkman) def. Ret. General Dwight Eisenhower (Non-Partisan; "Mainstreet" Republican endorsed), Senator Robert A. Taft (Non-Partisan; "Conservative" Republican endorsed)

1957 - 1965: Fmr. Governor Adlai Stevenson

1956 (with Al Gore) def. Senator Joe McCarthy (Republican)
1960 (with Al Gore) def. Governor Harold Stassen (Republican), Governor Joe Foss (Conservative)

1965 - 1968: Senator John F. Kennedy (Democratic)

1964 (with George McGovern) def. Senator Richard Nixon (Republican), Fmr. Senator Barry Goldwater (Conservative), Fmr. Governor Harold Stassen (Non-Partisan), Senator Eugene McCarthy (Non-Partisan)

1968 - present: Vice President George McGovern (Democratic)

"Turning Point (USA): a party, founded in 1998 by Ralph Nader, that seeks to promote electoral reform, through Birch Bayh's idea in his 1986 essay "Turning Points: America's Strive Towards Democratic Freedom", which posited the idea that there have "turning points" throughout American history in which it became necessary more than ever to implement voting reform. The most recent of these, he argues, is President Ford's defeat of President McGovern in 1980, even though he had one a majority in the popular vote. In the 2000 election, TPUSA is advocating for an implementation of the Non-Partisan approval voting primary implemented in cities such as Fargo, North Dakota, as well as other small states such as Wyoming, Colorado, and Rhode Island, all of which have had varying degrees of success. 2000 is the first year in which TPUSA will run a Presidential candidate, against President Bess Myerson and her Republican challenger. Polling currently places Nader (their candidate between) 5-10% of the vote."

The Democratic Reagan and the "Hamlet" of the Bronx

2021 - 2023: Fmr. Vice President Joe Biden (Democratic)
2020 (with Kamala Harris) def. President Donald J. Trump (Republican)
2023 - 2025: Vice President Kamala Harris (Democratic)

2025 - 2029: Fmr. Senator Scott Brown (Republican)
2024 (with Josh Hawley) def. President Kamala Harris (Democratic), Fmr. Rep. Justin Amash (Libertarian), Faithless elector for Gov. Stacey Abrams

2029 - 2037: Governor Stacey Abrams (Democratic)
2028 (with Amy McGrath) def. President Scott Brown (Republican), Fmr. Rep. Joe Walsh (Independent), faithless elector for Sen. Raphael Warnock
2032 (with Amy McGrath) def. Fmr. Vice Pres. Josh Hawley (Republican)

2037 - present: H.M.L. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (Democratic)
2036 (with Malcolm Kenyatta) def. Governor Candace Owens (Republican), Vice President Amy McGrath (Limitless America)

Democratic: 43762e
Republican: 763c2e
Libertarian: 2e6776
Independent Democratic: 589b3c

Limitless America: 762e43

"Turning Point (USA): a party, founded in 1998 by Ralph Nader, that seeks to promote electoral reform, through Birch Bayh's idea in his 1986 essay "Turning Points: America's Strive Towards Democratic Freedom", which posited the idea that there have "turning points" throughout American history in which it became necessary more than ever to implement voting reform. The most recent of these, he argues, is President Ford's defeat of President McGovern in 1980, even though he had one a majority in the popular vote. In the 2000 election, TPUSA is advocating for an implementation of the Non-Partisan approval voting primary implemented in cities such as Fargo, North Dakota, as well as other small states such as Wyoming, Colorado, and Rhode Island, all of which have had varying degrees of success. 2000 is the first year in which TPUSA will run a Presidential candidate, against President Bess Myerson and her Republican challenger. Polling currently places Nader (their candidate between) 5-10% of the vote."
I'm over here stroking my dick got lotion on my dick right now I'm just stroking my shit I'm horny as fuck man I'm a freak man like

2029 - 2037: Governor Stacey Abrams (Democratic)
2028 (with Amy McGrath) def. President Scott Brown (Republican), Fmr. Rep. Joe Walsh (Independent), faithless elector for Sen. Raphael Warnock
2032 (with Amy McGrath) def. Fmr. Vice Pres. Josh Hawley (Republican)
2037 - present: H.M.L. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (Democratic)
2036 (with Malcolm Kenyatta) def. Governor Candace Owens (Republican), Vice President Amy McGrath (Limitless America)
1614848258193.png

Back