• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Quick Links for Authors on the Blog

Makemakean

Mr Makemean
Pronouns
Logical, unlike those in German
Well, I won't deny, now that I do have four (4) published entries on the blog I do obviously have a bit of vested interest in this, if for no other reason than to satisfy my vanity, but would it be possible to somehow make the name of any author of a blog post into a hyperlink, which would lead you to a full list of their published articles?

Now I don't know what template that you guys are using for the Sea Lion Press website, but this nonetheless seems to me to be eminently doable, at least from the point of view of HTML code. If really the only thing that makes you balk is a matter of "Well, we've got hundreds of articles published in the past couple of years, this might well take someone a fortnight to do if they work nine-to-five full time, probably even longer than that", then, I'm honestly perfectly okay with spending the odd hour here and there over the next couple of weeks accomplishing it.

Last edited:
Well, I won't deny, now that I do have four (4) published entries on the blog I do obviously have a bit of vested interest in this, if for no other reason than to satisfy my vanity, but would it be possible to somehow make the name of any author of a blog post into a hyperlink, which would lead you to a full list of their published articles?

Now I don't know what template that you guys are using for the Sea Lion Press website, but this nonetheless seems to me to be eminently doable, at least from the point of view of HTML code. If really the only thing that makes you balk is a matter of "Well, we've got hundreds of articles published in the past couple of years, this might well take someone a fortnight to do if they work nine-to-five full time, probably even longer than that", then, I'm honestly perfectly okay with spending the odd hour here and there over the next couple of weeks accomplishing it.

Each article is tagged with their author name so if you click on a max lindh article at the bottom of that article there is a little 'max lindh' you can click on which will show you all the articles by that writer.

If what you want is to have that tag also be reachable by clicking on the name of author at the top of the page then yeah, that's trivial but will take some time to do for 700 articles.

I don't really see it as a priority because well the link is already there on that page, this would just be adding a second link but its doable enough.

Each article is tagged with their author name so if you click on a max lindh article at the bottom of that article there is a little 'max lindh' you can click on which will show you all the articles by that writer.

If what you want is to have that tag also be reachable by clicking on the name of author at the top of the page then yeah, that's trivial but will take some time to do for 700 articles.

I don't really see it as a priority because well the link is already there on that page, this would just be adding a second link but its doable enough.

I didn't know you could do that, I hadn't noticed that tag there at the bottom, but what you already have in story pretty much is precisely what I had in mind!

Back