• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

For King & Country: An immersive theatre experience based on Operation Sea Lion

A really enjoyable experience - I almost feel guilty for enjoying it too much. Immersion to the point where I genuinely felt emotionally invested in what was happening. The props were on point, and the Home Office posters had me fooled for genuine reproductions.

I was as bad at negotiating with the NUM as I should have expected to be, but my favourite bit was helping to bring one particular special advisor in, and thereafter assisting a Dark Arts division blackmailing half of Westminster. I didn't expect to turn evil as a character, but it really was delightful fun.

My partner absolutely loved it, and was gushing all the way back to London Bridge. Bravo to everyone involved, and a special thanks to @Meadow for putting it on my radar, and thereby making my Birthday weekend.
Thank you so much - was so lovely to have you in. Didn’t know it was a big day! Many happy returns.

If anyone is still keen but hasn't booked, we're into our last five shows and there are only around 40 tickets left in total. Get in there.

We did, I won't mention details here in case the show comes back but it was by an unexpectedly big margin because of one off-the-cuff decision.

"Yes, you heard me - shoot all of the miners"

an unexpectedly big margin because of one off-the-cuff decision.

[The words "Rejoice" written backwards in soot-stained glass]

Will there be show meta-data available - league tables of victory margins, poll leads, VoNC results, that kind of thing? Understand if not, because I imagine you'd want to keep the details of the possible outcomes a secret for future runs.

[The words "Rejoice" written backwards in soot-stained glass]

Will there be show meta-data available - league tables of victory margins, poll leads, VoNC results, that kind of thing? Understand if not, because I imagine you'd want to keep the details of the possible outcomes a secret for future runs.
Unfortunately this data wasn't kept, but in the Full Run of the show in the autumn, assuming all goes well, we will start keeping records like that.

FOR KING & COUNTRY, LIVE ON TWITTER

Fans of 1944 will be thrilled (check this - Ed) to hear that our director is live tweeting our alternate D-Day from our twitter account. Work for Operation Emperor has already begun. There will be many, many Easter eggs for people who’ve seen the show.

Fans of 1944 will be thrilled (check this - Ed) to hear that our director is live tweeting our alternate D-Day from our twitter account. Work for Operation Emperor has already begun. There will be many, many Easter eggs for people who’ve seen the show.

That's just amazing. Is Admiralty Arch a reference to something I. Might have missed during the performance or to something else?

That's just amazing. Is Admiralty Arch a reference to something I. Might have missed during the performance or to something else?
It’s Heydrich’s HQ, but it’s about a supernatural Easter egg in the show.

It almost feels to me like being back in the bunker and it's making me smile with enjoyment.

It's a fun read that raises as many questions as it answers.
Yeah, it was fun to throw together - most of it is background from the show. It's deliberately pulpy and Rule of Cool while still having some nerdy granular detail that gets the WWII buffs (who pay £££ to come to these things) excited and going 'ooh yeah that works'.

Back