• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Biaggi’s Second Opium Den

doing that “my political ideology in four pictures” bit except the four pictures are paul kagame robert kennedy robert mugabe and alf landon as i promote something i call “neo-neoliberalism”
NAFTA was awful and america should leave NATO but also america should join both the EU and afrikan union

the united states has the biggest afrikan diaspora in the world and also a shared anti imperialist heritage with afrika, there is no reason why we shouldn’t join the afrikan union

who i would’ve voted for every us election from 1932 on

1932: Norman Thomas
1936: Alf Landon
1940: Norman Thomas
1944: Norman Thomas
1948: Norman Thomas
1952: Adlai Stevenson
1956: Adlai Stevenson
1960: Jack Kennedy
1964: Lyndon Johnson
1968: Hubert Humphrey
1972: Richard Nixon
1976: Lyndon LaRouche
1980: Jimmy Carter
1984: Walter Mondale
1988: Ron Paul
1992: Ross Perot
1996: Ross Perot
2000: Al Gore
2004: Ralph Nader
2008: Barack Obama
2012: Rocky Anderson
2016: write in Paul Kagame
2020: Joe Biden

who i would’ve voted for every us election from 1932 on

1932: Norman Thomas
1936: Alf Landon
1940: Norman Thomas
1944: Norman Thomas
1948: Norman Thomas
1952: Adlai Stevenson
1956: Adlai Stevenson
1960: Jack Kennedy
1964: Lyndon Johnson
1968: Hubert Humphrey
1972: Richard Nixon
1976: Lyndon LaRouche
1980: Jimmy Carter
1984: Walter Mondale
1988: Ron Paul
1992: Ross Perot
1996: Ross Perot
2000: Al Gore
2004: Ralph Nader
2008: Barack Obama
2012: Rocky Anderson
2016: write in Paul Kagame
2020: Joe Biden
Median South Illinois voter.

@gentleman biaggi
Saw your George McGovern comment and whilst I think the language is a bit strong, I do agree with the sentiment of it.

There’s an interview with Fred Harris, who kind of became McGovern’s Economic spokesperson, in which he said that McGovern’s inability to ground the campaign in bred and butter issues and additionally not campaigning on popular measures like a tax cut on the poorest 10% is what helped fuck him over.

There’s an interview with Fred Harris, who kind of became McGovern’s Economic spokesperson, in which he said that McGovern’s inability to ground the campaign in bred and butter issues and additionally not campaigning on popular measures like a tax cut on the poorest 10% is what helped fuck him over.
My most cursed opinion is that Wallace and Muskie were better candidates than McGovern.

My most cursed opinion is that Wallace and Muskie were better candidates than McGovern.
Hmm, Muskie yes, given his charismatic New Dealer aesthetic, but Wallace when not with his crowd of definite supporters or maybe supported always comes across like Nixon; awkward, a bit sweaty and looking like a caged tiger.

There’s footage of him talking to Trade Unionists in 1971 and he looks horrified and a bit scared.

@gentleman biaggi
Saw your George McGovern comment and whilst I think the language is a bit strong, I do agree with the sentiment of it.

just an evil man
nah not wallace, wallace would’ve been confined to the deep south in 1972 and likely split the party permanently

Back