• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

WI: Sieyes' original plan for a constitution goes through?

Christian

Assuming that Sieyes found a sword who was willing to go through with his rather complex constitution, how well do people here expect it to have functioned? Most who I've talked to said that his plan was much too complex, nothing would get done and that it wouldn't take long for someone to find a loophole and abuse the hell out of it. On the other hand, some say that there was no other document more suited for the time period than what Sieyes had cooked up. What do you guys think?

For context, here's a chart to help you visualize it.

Sieyès' Constitution.png

I actually have an article about this coming out on the SLP blog next week! Though I will say that the chart is slightly confused in its use of terms, and that there is a radically different interpretation of Sieyès’ views (to which I don’t subscribe, but some historians are quite fond) which I might be able to piece together and write something up on at some point.

Last edited:
Back